• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Ghetto

Sgt. Ghetto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:37 PM

I'm trying to ftp using a direct connection to my modem, but no matter what I do it simply refuses to connect, always giving me a message saying it couldnt find a route to the host. Im using Evox if that helps.

#2 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:58 PM

What settings are you using on evox? Are you using DHCP? Cause if you arent, try that.

#3 Sgt. Ghetto

Sgt. Ghetto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:29 PM

Already tried using DHCP, same thing as using a static IP for me.

#4 Sgt. Ghetto

Sgt. Ghetto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:58 PM

Anyone else out there? If it helps, im connecting directly, as if I was going on Live.

#5 Bo33b

Bo33b

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:49 PM

So your xbox is directly connected to your cable/dsl modem and you're trying to connect via ftp under the evox dash to an internet ftp server? I wasn't aware this could be done. But anyway, be sure you're using a crossover cable, and check Evox's settings to see if it detects the link or not. If it does, is it giving you an ip?

#6 Sgt. Ghetto

Sgt. Ghetto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(Bo33b @ Jul 30 2005, 06:00 PM)
So your xbox is directly connected to your cable/dsl modem and you're trying to connect via ftp under the evox dash to an internet ftp server? I wasn't aware this could be done. But anyway, be sure you're using a crossover cable, and check Evox's settings to see if it detects the link or not. If it does, is it giving you an ip?

View Post

Thats the weird thing. I just checked, and realized that im not using a crossover cable. Yet I get an IP address when I hook it up to the modem. And as for the internet thing, I dont know what your talking about. Im just trying to actually get my Xbox hooked on my PC, theres no internet connection required.

#7 Bo33b

Bo33b

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:08 AM

So then what's this about a modem? How is the xbox connected to the pc? That's the question. Do you have a router or switch? If not, you need to use a crossover cable and connect it between your PC's NIC and the xbox. No need to worry bout the modem.

and just to clarify, you're using FlashFXP on the PC, and you're PC has an IP, right?

Edited by Bo33b, 31 July 2005 - 12:14 AM.

#8 Sgt. Ghetto

Sgt. Ghetto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:22 AM

Ahh, thanks man. I know what I need to do now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users