• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Splendid

DJ Splendid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

I'm protecting myself from accidentally going online with the chip on by religiously misconfgiuring the network settings in the MSD whenever i turn off the box, after a spout of xbl.

I also have bad gateway settings in Evox (i dotn need inet access from there itself).

When you launch a game from evox though, which network settings are picked up? MSD's or evox itself ?

If you launch a game from XBMC or XBMP, do they pick up those settings?

#2 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:05 PM

Or heres the easy way, get a bios that blocks LIVE all together

#3 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(DJ Splendid @ Jul 30 2005, 12:09 PM)
I'm protecting myself from accidentally going online with the chip on by religiously misconfgiuring the network settings in the MSD whenever i turn off the box, after a spout of xbl.

I also have bad gateway settings in Evox (i dotn need inet access from there itself).

When you launch a game from evox though, which network settings are picked up? MSD's or evox itself ?

If you launch a game from XBMC or XBMP, do they pick up those settings?

View Post

i used to take similar steps, but then somebody on this board who was obviously more wise, or less stoned, than myself, posted a much simpler tip for achieving the same task. that task being, keep myself or anyone using my xbox from logging into a game on xbl.

the simple tip was to store your xbl gt/account save file on a memcard so you have to physically find it and insert it into the slot to login.

this works well for me, but i realized real quickly that i needed to use 3 cards so i can always find at least 1. i also remove the memcard from the slot as soon as i login so i dont get lazy about it later.

stay green!

#4 DJ Splendid

DJ Splendid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:14 PM

im liking that membcard usage wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users