3 replies to this topic

#1 atomon

atomon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 06:38 PM

I am Going to get a 80GB Western digital hard drive. i was going to get 7200 RPM untill i read a post recently. the post said that the xbox cant use above 5400 rpm and that my box might overheat with a 7200. is this true? should i be getting a 7200 or a 5400? thizanx.

#2 BIOYAM

BIOYAM

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 07:47 PM

A lot of people have had success with the 7200rpm drives. I myself actually got a 5400.
In my computer, I have both & I have noticed that the 7200's are alot warmer (because they have more revolutions per minute....duh!). Also, obviously the 7200 will access the data faster. However, I would think that loading a game on an Xbox would not see a dramatic difference between the two drives(maybe 2 or 3 seconds?...maybe less). They are certainly both fast enough even for the most taxing files, like DIVX or VCD files.
You should note also that different name brands may also have different temperatures.

Hope I didn't confuse you...... Also, use the search feature in this forum to read name brand, rpm & hard drive installation success stories.

BIOYAM.

#3 Demon

Demon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 08:54 PM

No matter what, the hard drive is going to load games faster than that dvdrom. If you want to be safe, get the 5400. Not really that much of a speed difference for normal use anyways.

So what, it takes an extra second to start your program!

:d:

#4 atomon

atomon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 05:53 AM

just ordered the chip from lik sang and the hard drive from http://www.compu-ter...054 tmp/product so thank you for your help on that subject.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users