8 replies to this topic

#1 queasy

queasy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 04:27 AM

I have installed my executor lite and it boots with the "EXECUTOR2" and works great. my problem is that if I put a new HDD in and try to boot evolution X or slayers thebios does not boot and I get "error16". Also if I try to put my bios flash disable jumper on I get the ol 2 reboots and frag. Did I miss something here??? Would really like to understand this. have seen a few others had this problem and haven't seen any responses. PLEASE HELP!!!

#2 Novahux

Novahux

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2003 - 04:46 AM

Read the tutorials on HDD swap/replacement. wink.gif

#3 queasy

queasy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 05:07 AM

I have read ALL the tutorials I can find around. I currently have a 120 gig in my xbox that I successfully installed when I had the original executor chip installed. My problem is that now that I have installed the X2lite I cannot boot from the dvd. I have thought about the ms clock issue and have set the clock and still no boot.

Even when I put the original HDD in and disabble the mod... it will not boot off the HDD drive either.Gives me error 06. HDD is untouched!

Edited by queasy, 06 April 2003 - 05:17 AM.

#4 Dynamike

Dynamike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 04:40 PM

Try to burn EvoX on a DVD and not on a CD

#5 Kypreos

Kypreos

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 06:02 PM

Your problem is probably that your dvd player in your xbox can't read the type of cd that you've burned evox too. Either try Dynamike's suggestion and burn to a dvd that is compatible or keep trying different brands of cd's to see which are compatible. I've had good luck with princo cdr's and memorex cdr's.

#6 HiRoll3r

HiRoll3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Drugs mostly

Posted 06 April 2003 - 10:52 PM

Use a cdr-w to burn Evox. Most Xboxes cannot read cd-r.

#7 queasy

queasy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 12:12 AM

The media is not the problem.... if I load off of the modchip and then in my menu select "play disk" it will boot off the disk no problem. I have used this very disk to set up my 120 Gb HDD that I currently have installed. My problems started when I installed the new modchip and now want to set up another drive to put linux on. the problem is not the media. the problem is that the xbox does not even try to boot off the disk for some reason. And I have set the clock. Thanks for the replies. just got home to answer. I am hoping someone had this problem and fixed it and is willing to shed some light on this issue for me.

#8 HiRoll3r

HiRoll3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Drugs mostly

Posted 07 April 2003 - 01:45 AM

Your original post is kinda vague. Are you able to boot w/ the X2 Lite and your "old" hard drive? If so, I've got no clue at this moment. If not, read on:

Which bios is it flashed with? If it is Cromwell (which I'm told the latest X2 lites ship with), it will not boot evox period, only linux. You can flash it w/ an x2 flasher (build or buy one) or with raincoat (do a search for info on raincoat).

Also quadruple-check your D0 solder point. It can be difficult to get correct.

#9 D'Maestro

D'Maestro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 06:25 AM

I had this same problem today. I installed a Maxtor 120gb drive, and it wouldnt boot to the CDRW. I thought it was an unreadable CDRW.

I changed the Jumper on the maxtor from Cable Select to master, and wolla!

Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users