thirdeye555

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:59 PM

ok i have a major problem with XBconnect. first off, im not a noob i know how to se my xbox and computer and network, ive been using XBConnect for over a year, so this isnt just some stupid question...

ok first off, i have two computers on my network, both windows xp. XBC worked on both of them until just randomly one day it stopped working on both. i can start up XBC and then as soon as i enter my name and password, the computer freezes and then restarts. it does this on both computers, and it happened out of the blue, without me changing anything on either computers or the network. so on both computers it does this. i went through and completely removed the programs and its folders, and reinstalled them. ive tried this several times and each time it still does the same freeze/crash thing. ok so then what gets me...if i plug in my gf's laptop into the router and try it, it works fine, so thats what ive been using lately, but unfortunatly she wants her laptop back sad.gif ne ways the laptop runs windows xp on it and has similar software to my other computers, so im totally clueless as to what is goin wrong or what to do.....any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!!

#2 thirdeye555

thirdeye555

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:58 AM

ok just incase any one is interested, apparently its not just me having this problem. my friend just got into playing online, and when he signed into xbconnect, his computer crashes too. if anyone else is having this problem or knows anything to do about it please let me know. i hate using Kai, lol....
thanks for your time

#3 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:50 AM

Completely uninstall all versions of XBC from add/remove proggies, then reboot your computer and download the latest versoin (you may want to clear your cache - sometimes the old one sticks around in there) Then reboot after installing it and try that, if all else fails use Kai sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users