• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Salblock

Salblock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:59 PM

So I baught a LG GDR 8163B drive from ebay because i didnt wanna try to do the whole solder thing i am to busy and my first attempt was doing the same thing as below so i thought it was something i did wrong. But i connected it and everything worked fine. Powers on/off, try opens and closes, plays game perfect. So i got a 160 gb hard drive and i wanted to put it in so i can have more space. I downloaded Slayer 2.6 and burned the image as an image to a DVD+R, CD-RW, CD-R and a different brand CD-RW. I have also tried using NERO 6 and DvDcrypter on all those medias. Every time i put the slayer disc in all i get is a dirty disc or not an xbox game error. If I Put the same cd-rw the same burner and burn .wavs to it the xbox reads them fine. So i dont know why it wont read slayer disc. I have tried burning it as an image and the straight data file. PLEASE help me!! Dont know how to fix this. I thought i didnt need a mod for this since i put the drive that is supposed to be able to read any media i throw at it. If i put a burned dvd movie in on a dvd+r it promts for the xbox dvd kit. My xbox is a 1.6.

#2 Salblock

Salblock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:08 PM

I would like it if someone helped me lol...

#3 alphacorvus

alphacorvus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:19 PM

Clearly you need a mod (chip or exploit) to run any non-original games, programs, apps, etc. Burnt DVD movies work on unmodded boxes because they're SUPPOSED to.

Drive's fine, get a chip or exploit that SOB.

#4 Salblock

Salblock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(alphacorvus @ Aug 2 2005, 12:30 PM)
Clearly you need a mod (chip or exploit) to run any non-original games, programs, apps, etc. Burnt DVD movies work on unmodded boxes because they're SUPPOSED to.

Drive's fine, get a chip or exploit that SOB.

View Post

Why does everyone else not need a chip then when they are using the same thing i am? WTF is an Exploit?

#5 pug_ster

pug_ster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(Salblock @ Aug 2 2005, 10:52 PM)
Why does everyone else not need a chip then when they are using the same thing i am? WTF is an Exploit?

View Post

Obviously you didn't use a modchip or a softmod. Because of that, it will only read original xbox games. If you don't understand this, should post this in the newbies section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users