• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 philbug69

philbug69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:30 AM

Is there a way to boot a xboxrom.bin bios image on a debug xbox that does not involve using Phoenix Bios Loader to use full 250 GB HDD on REAL Debug. I say again this is for a real debug not a retail converted into a debug. 128mb ram 5849 xdk recovery disc currently using Hack-Devkit V2 bios to allow retail games on debug but it is annoying having only access to the full 137 GB. If anyone has pertinent info please help out a fellow xbox-scener. THNX in advance.

#2 xPAINx

xPAINx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:27 AM

Hey i just got a debug kit green box trying to modd im going to look for the bios you just mentioned but is there anything special to do as far as modding this box goes?

#3 philbug69

philbug69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE(xPAINx @ Aug 3 2005, 07:38 AM)
Hey i just got a debug kit green box trying to modd im going to look for the bios you just mentioned but is there anything special to do as far as modding this box goes?

View Post

So far the only thing I have been able to do is place a 250GB HDD formatted for a large F: through evox, run the xdk 5849 recovery disc for a dev kit, and place the Hack-Devkit V2 bios on it. The instructions for the Hack-Devkit V2 bios are easy to follow. The only thing is the bios does not support LBA48 or HDD > 137Gb so you cannot see the other half of the HDD.

Hope this helps you.

P.S. don't bother trying to chip it. I have a X3 CE installed and the only use I get out of it is the hdd and lan activity lights.

#4 CharredChar

CharredChar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:21 AM

The best I can think of.. do what they did before LBA48.. put the rest on G. Or am I getting this wrong?

#5 Pikkon

Pikkon

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:女の子-音楽-ゲーム
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:12 AM

On a real dev/debug kit the bios only supports up to 137GB.
When you installed the chip did you use a debug bios on it,
Im pretty sure if you put a debug bios on there is might work.
Is there a debug bios that supports passed the 137GB limit.

#6 Agent ME

Agent ME

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:HaloPC, and 2 modding, DooM "modding", and xbox modder
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:49 AM

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to bump such an old topic (I found this on google), but, I know the X3 BIOS supports all LA48 modes and debug mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users