Photo

Mod (xchip) Works Great. Only One Problem! Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DaTimez

DaTimez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

I just modded my version 1.6 xbox using the x-chip. Everything works correctly in regards to software, etc.

I can power on my xbox using the power button. I can power on and open the cd rom drive using the eject button.

But I cannot turn off the xbox using the power button. I can't get the eject button to work at all besides to initially power on the xbox and open the drive.

This is a huge annoyance for me and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Before the mod, those buttons worked perfectly. Now I have to unplug my xbox if I want to turn it off. I have to push on the cd rom drive to close it. I have to unplug the xbox and power it up again using the eject button just to get a cd out of the drive.

Please help me figure this out. This is pissing me off b/c everything else works perfectly.

#2 DaTimez

DaTimez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:16 PM

also my bios seems to be correct, everything else works great. just this one problem i can't seem to pinpoint.

i used Slayer's and got the dashboard etc working perfectly. i can run games from the cd rom drive or from the hard drive now.

i don't think it's a soldering problem b/c otherwise the buttons shouldn't work at all. but they do work to power it on and open the drive (using eject to power on). it just won't turn it off and eject won't work at any other time.

somebody who knows what this is please help guide me as to what to do!!!

#3 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:19 PM

Since when is the Xchip a Chameleon Or matrix..

Why dont you use the powr off feature of evox or maybe hold your bpower button down for 10 seconds..

If your chip doesn't have a switch then it is probley using the p/e board to disable and enable it. I'm not real familiar wit hthe Xchip but if that is the case mabe you should vehvek that information out aobut iot It might jsut explain why it is acting so strangely for you. Just my guess.

#4 DaTimez

DaTimez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:24 PM

thanks, sorry i just realized i posted to the wrong board. i'll make this post on the correct board for the x-chip.

well the xbox will turn off if i used the evox turn off feature, it just won't turn off using the power button. also the cd drive works fine if a program tells it to open and close it (like the Dvd2Xbox) but just not when i push the eject button.

#5 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:47 PM

Wrong forum.... Topic Moved.

Edited by MonsterTy, 02 August 2005 - 10:48 PM.

#6 Statecowboy

Statecowboy

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:54 PM

Are you tapping into the p/e board power like an X3? (disregard the x3 comment if you dont know what I mean). If so, make sure you h ave everything wired up correctly.

Edited by Statecowboy, 02 August 2005 - 10:55 PM.

#7 DaTimez

DaTimez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

so can the wiring affect those buttons and make them work for certain functions and not others while the mod chip still works fine?

i'm not sure what you mean by p/e board but if you mean powering the mod chip by soldering a wire for power onto the board from the chip, then yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users