• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 jeff006

jeff006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:08 PM

I decided to buy an already modded xbox, and I would really appreciate if you tell me if you think it is a good deal. Here is the ad that I found:

I HAVE A MODDED XBOX I WANTED TO SELLL.....NTUHIGNS WRONGG WITH IT....I HAD THE XBOX IT SELF FER LIKE 4 MONTHS NOW....I RECENTLY GOT IT MODED A MONTH AGO...TONS OF FUN.....modd chip can be turned off so you can play xbox live. SO...THE XBOX HAS 80 GIGS....I ALSO PUT ANOTHER CHIP WHERE IT ALOOWWS YOU TO PLAY ANY DVD VCD...BOOTLEG W/E....IF ITS ONA CD...MOST LIKLLEY THE SPECIAL DRIVE I PUT IN WILL READ IT. COMES WITH ONE CONTROLLER, THE XBOX SYTEM(MODDED) , AND THE CABLE CORDS AND ELECTRICAL.

I am offered this unit at $180. This is the first time I buy an xbox not to mention a modded xbox. Please advise me what questions I should ask the seller and what I should look at when I pick it up.

#2 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

he put in another chip? what exactly is that?

#3 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

... Jsut my opinion but that sounds phony.. Not only is that dude's grammer and spelling worse than mine (which is about a 6th grade level Lol) --

I ALSO PUT ANOTHER CHIP WHERE IT ALOOWWS YOU TO PLAY ANY DVD VCD...BOOTLEG W/E....IF ITS ONA CD...MOST LIKLLEY THE SPECIAL DRIVE I PUT IN WILL READ IT

-- Garbage unless this dude will provide info on the chip name and the "special drive " he put in it. I think this is a crock, but you've got the money not me.

#4 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

doesn't sound tryst worthy if ur gonna get one do ur reashearch find what size hdd and chip u want then buy it in the b/s/t forum here. u won't be swindeled and u'll have quality

-wolf

#5 bigga

bigga

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

I wouldn't trust it either. Why not look at the BST forums here. Look at the feedback that people have got from making various deals with other members. Or maybe even a shop that sells premods (System mods/BM Mods). This is what I would do, but as EverestX said, it's your money

BST Forums link

#6 jeff006

jeff006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(EverestX @ Aug 2 2005, 07:31 PM)
I ALSO PUT ANOTHER CHIP WHERE IT ALOOWWS YOU TO PLAY ANY DVD VCD...BOOTLEG W/E....IF ITS ONA CD...MOST LIKLLEY THE SPECIAL DRIVE I PUT IN WILL READ IT

-- Garbage unless this dude will provide info on the chip name and the "special drive " he put in it.

View Post

I just emailed this guy about the chip and the drive. Here is what he said:

its a evolution chip which is a dvd x which let syou watch any dvd in the world......literally.....the drive name is not availble.....amde specaily by my freind....he used a samsung reader witha maxtor drive capppacity....which alone iws worth 120

Does it make much sense?

#7 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:05 PM

this is shady i'd say leave it be if he can't take the time to spellcheck or not bullshit u then don't buy from him.

-wolf

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:06 PM

Can anyone smell it.....Bullshit
Stay well clear my friend and buy your box from someone here in the BST section

#9 br0w

br0w

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:07 PM

this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. there is no such thing as a evox chip.

and when they say "made specially by my freind", they mean "it may or may not work, i dont know"

the name of the drive is always available. you can look on the inside, or just look at the tray.

#10 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(br0w @ Aug 2 2005, 01:18 PM)
this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. there is no such thing as a evox chip.
and when they say "made specially by my freind", they mean "it may or may not work, i dont know"

the name of the drive is always available. you can look on the inside, or just look at the tray.

View Post

it could be a xchip. but most likly its softmodded, or tsoped

-wolf

#11 jeff006

jeff006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(wolf202 @ Aug 2 2005, 08:19 PM)
it could be a xchip.  but most likly its softmodded, or tsoped

View Post

But the ad says "modd chip can be turned off so you can play xbox live". Do you really think it can be softmodded or tsoped?

#12 solder_blob

solder_blob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:20 PM

Dude it's Bullshit. I can hook you up with a TSOPed box for 100. plus shipping. Or a Chipped box for 150. + shipping. All complete with hook up kits and 1 controller...Actually its much easier to just snag the box your self and load mod it ;-) Its also fun!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Edited by solder_blob, 02 August 2005 - 07:23 PM.

#13 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(jeff006 @ Aug 2 2005, 01:29 PM)
But the ad says "modd chip can be turned off so you can play xbox live". Do you really think it can be softmodded or tsoped?

View Post

softmods can use live via colbooting and a tsop on a 1.0 or 1.1 can have a switch

-wolf

#14 Much

Much

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:01 PM

Yeah all moddern ways of modding the xbox usualy let you go live.

#15 Jbasto

Jbasto

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

Well i Got mine here in B/S/T and it worked nice i dont know alot about Xbox but that looks like a BIG scame so u decide to be on the safe and look in here or go and give your money to some one u might never get a box. dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users