• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OVERWHELMING

OVERWHELMING

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:21 AM

On July 5th, I downloaded the new Halo 2 maps for $11.99. Unfortunately, recently I had a flood a few weeks ago and my Xbox got damaged. I had to buy a new one a few days thereafter. My only concern is that if I downloaded it again for my new Xbox why would I be charged again? I would like to find out whether or not could get a refound for the same download and purchase that I have made for the second time. I would like to keep the original $11.99 charges I made when I first downloaded the content before the incident so I could I have the content on my new Xbox. I called Xbox Live support but they are unauthorized to give em a refund for the download for the new xbox. How should I go about this? Anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks.

#2 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:16 AM

you can call and ask but i think youll have to pay for them again, simply because they have no way of telling your not just loading your tag on a friends box to get him the maps for free, thats a good reason to actually buy the disc for 19.99, then you can put them on as many xboxs' you may own, i would hope anyway, since your posed to buy a windows disc for each pc you plan to install windows on, who knows

#3 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:22 AM

If you have a new box... you'll have to pay again to download the new content. There's no way around it. You're better off going to EB Games or Gamecrazy (or somewhere similar) and buy a used copy of the map pack. The used map pack will cost about the same as downloading it from M$

#4 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:38 AM

or wait till the end of this month as ive heard the last 5 maps will aslo be free

#5 OVERWHELMING

OVERWHELMING

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:15 AM

Thanks guys... I guess I'll wait till' it's free on August 30th.

Here's the email I got from Xbox Live support...

Hello Damien,

Thank you for writing to Xbox Live.

As you indicate in your email, you would like to know if you would be charged for downloading the same premium content on your new Xbox.

We understand your concern on this matter. Unfortunately, you can download Premium content to a single Xbox console only. You cannot transfer Premium Content from the Xbox console it was purchased on to another console. To download premium content to a second Xbox console, you must purchase it again.

It would be best that you call our phone support team to verify this, as they can access account and billing records. Our phone agents will be able to address your inquiry on a refund as well.

You can contact our Xbox Phone Support Team at 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269). Phone support is available 7 days a week, from 9AM to 1AM EST. The call is toll free in North America.

By the way, if you have not heard about the MS Power Cord Replacement Program, please visit www.xbox.com and look for the “Power Cord Replacement for Xbox” link.

In case you have other Xbox Live concerns, feel free to write back. We take feedback on Xbox Live and our Customer Service very seriously and review customer comments daily.

Sincerely,

Karen
Xbox Live Technical Support

#6 aaron1017

aaron1017

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

Call, ask for a full refund, and then repurchase the maps. Might work and worth a try i guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users