Photo

Can't Connect To Live, But Can To Isp, And Dns?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden47

Raiden47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:57 AM

Hey guys,

I recently got a 80gb HD, and i have that all working, the reason i got it was, so i had one HD for modding, and one for live. Problem: The Stock HD, which i think still has a Backed up eeprom folder, and etc. on it, can't connect to live. it can connect to my ISP, and the DNS, but not to live, its like, its blocked or something. I know its not a problem with my network, because i've tried it at many people's houses, and all of them give me the same thing: Can't connect to live.
I can't even do Account Recovery. Someone please help, and can someone tell me if i should delete the backed up eeprom (btw, im not softmodded anymore, but i think it has leftover trainers and the E:'s softmod "Backup" folder, with my eeprom backed up. Just if you'd like to know, i used Krayzies installer.
Also, I used the same eeprom, on my new HDD, so i dont know if that would've done anything. (It wasnt banned, btw.)

Please, someone help me,
Raiden.

Edited by Raiden47, 03 August 2005 - 03:01 AM.

#2 CatDad

CatDad

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:08 AM

I have the same problem..I thought it was my eeprom but after checking the forums, based on the info I've found I have NOT been banned from xbl, but I still can't connect.

I am going to get another eeprom and try that.

#3 Raiden47

Raiden47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:14 AM

anyone have anything helpful?

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:28 AM

I had this problem too. I had deleted my Live Account too. I used slayers 2.6 auto installer to fix it (it's what I screwed up with too). Make a disc from the 2.6 burned as an image (took a while to figure that one out). Boot with the disc and their is an option to do a Full Install. Go into that and do one of the options that says return factory settings to retail drive (original). There is also an option to restore factory settings to the Upgraded drive. Use one of these two, and it will make your xbox just like you bought it (unmodded). You are safe to do Live and anything else, it boots to the original M$ dash. Go into Live and do an account recovery. Get that and save it to a MC just in case. Go to network settings and set to automatic or DHCP. Sign into Live just to make sure everything is working. Now do the game exploit (SC, 007, or MA) of choice, with whatever dash you want. In EvoX (what I have) set these settings up Static IP=No and Setup Network=Yes. This is exactly what I did. Everyone told me I was banned. I figured this out on my own, and I am a total Noob at this too. Tell me if this works for you. I just softmodded my box on Friday. I had the Slayer disc already, and I did this on my lunch break today (30 mins. tops).

Here is a link to the topic I made when I had this problem.
http://forums.xbox-s...hl=live account

#5 Raiden47

Raiden47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:52 AM

Okay, i did all that, except, when i get to the account recovery point, i get the problem i started with, cant connect, all the ISP and DNS stuff is on automatic...
but i cant get it to connect! Any ideas?

#6 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:57 AM

Mine, if I could not connect, it would take me to the EvoX dash immediatly, no messages or anything (without the softmod removed). If it tries to connect and can't and the IP is on DHCP, try to maybe reset your modem and router (unplug each for 2 minutes). Other than that I don't know, sorry. Just got my new Avatar up. biggrin.gif

#7 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:00 AM

What exactly happens when you try to do the account recovery?

#8 Raiden47

Raiden47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:08 AM

It gives me a black screen, with the little loading circle thing at the bottom, then it says, the stuff about not being able to connect to live, and do you want to do the network troubleshooter thing, then it gives me the stuff about, can connect to the ISP and DNS (meaning the network settings are just fine), then it says it just cant connect to live!

I'm not sure what it is all about, and i dont think my eeprom is banned, because i dont get a message saying it is, and no email, or anything. I dont know what is wrong... uhh.gif

#9 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:14 AM

Weird. Might call xbox live support. As long as you don't have any softmod files on the box and you boot to the M$ dash normally, you should be fine. Just tell them you can't connect. They would tell you if you are banned, I would think. I doubt you are banned though. I think when you are banned, you get a message about your hardware or software is modified. Since your still posting your ISP is not down. They could also tell you if Live is down in your area (doubt it though).

Edited by cerealkillajme, 03 August 2005 - 04:17 AM.

#10 Raiden47

Raiden47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:25 AM

well, i dont think its down, but i might call the xbox support, im wondering, if i could just use XBHDM to reformat my harddrive, so its like new, but like, completely, not just what slayers does.

EDIT: My live account is NOT banned, i can still check online on my PC to see which of my friends are online, so it's definetly not banned, so its either my xbox (which i think), or my area live support.

Another thing, my 80gb hd is for modding, and i just leave the top case off my xbox. I unplug the power and data cables when i switch my HD's, that wouldnt affect anything would it? I mean they both have the SAME eeprom's,

Edited by Raiden47, 03 August 2005 - 04:28 AM.

#11 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:34 AM

I've never used XBHDM before, so I can't really help there. Same for the HD swap, I have actually wondered how that would work too. Sorry.

#12 Raiden47

Raiden47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:53 AM

well, then i need like, a more experienced person, with the HD swapping stuff...

#13 Raiden47

Raiden47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:59 AM

okay, i think, that my HD, has been banend from live, because i called them, and they said that my eeprom was detected on two xbox's, therefore my eeprom is banned too. New xbox, here i come, i guess.

#14 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:00 AM

Damn, that sucks. Sorry.

#15 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:02 AM

Almost forgot, you can get a new eeprom for like 10 bucks. Forget where though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users