#1 darylzero

darylzero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 April 2003 - 03:32 PM

I have the old evx 2.5 orange bios, so all my games need to be patched. The only way I have put a game on my HDD so far is by using PXHDD loader. The reason this worked fine is because I loaded games to the HDD that were already patched from the DVD's.

Here is my question. What is the best way to put a game on my HDD that needs to be patched. I should FTP the game to my comp, patch the default.xbe's, then what do I do next?

Thanks.

#2 darylzero

darylzero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 08:34 PM

anyone? at least a link?

#3 ScOrPiOn-X

ScOrPiOn-X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 11:20 PM

Hi!

OK dude, I'll help you out this time.

Do this;

If you want to patch your games just use PXHDD Loader to load game onto your XBox and then FTP your default.xbe so you can patch it and there you have it.

Hope this helped.

PS: and next time make sure you read the forum thoroughly as there is a lot of info in regards to this. cheers

#4 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 April 2003 - 11:49 PM

I should note this will only work if the media check is located in the default.xbe only. In some games there are checks in many more files.

Given that your copy on DVD is already patched, I'm assuming it's a DVD-R backup. In this case I would recommend using RNM to make an ISO of the backup, then running a patch tool on the ISO to check all files. Once patched, you can burn back to DVD-R or FTP to your HDD.

#5 ScOrPiOn-X

ScOrPiOn-X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 12:03 AM

I stand corrected.

I didn't know that, I thought only the default.xbe needed to be patched. I'll keep that in mind wink.gif .

Cheers

#6 darylzero

darylzero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Xeero @ Apr 6 2003, 11:49 PM)
I should note this will only work if the media check is located in the default.xbe only. In some games there are checks in many more files.

Given that your copy on DVD is already patched, I'm assuming it's a DVD-R backup. In this case I would recommend using RNM to make an ISO of the backup, then running a patch tool on the ISO to check all files. Once patched, you can burn back to DVD-R or FTP to your HDD.

Thank you both.
Xeero are you talking about a game like WSB 2k3 that has 2 files to be patched? Or are there games that have more files to be patched thatn that one?

#7 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 01:19 AM

WSB2K3 is one such game. I believe Roller Coaster Tycoon has 7.

#8 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:20 AM

i took the xbe file... put in on my desktop... changed it,... renamed it... and ftp-ed it back on... then made a new item in EvoX's ini file so leading to the new patch... that was i can choose to play the patched copy... or regular copy... the patched/renamed xbe file go into the same folder as the original... thats my two cents

#9 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:31 AM

Course, if the unpatched XBE file won't run, I don't see why you need it. If you like keeping the virgin XBE file around, well...good thing you still have the original game disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users