5 replies to this topic

#1 xanaxbarre

xanaxbarre

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:03 AM

Ok,

I got a good question that I hope someone can help me with. I have a modded box, and it is loaded with evox. Runs great. But I looked at the specs for Avalaunch, and it looks pretty good. I want to put Avalaunch on my box but don't know how. If some one could help me out i'd appreciate it.

xanxbarre beerchug.gif

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:06 AM

get slayer 2.6 from the usual places

It has lots of apps, it boots to the EvoX dash, but you can go into XBMC and load Avaluanch from there. You can update the Avaluanch dash while in the Ava dash. Pretty cool. You might also want to update the XBMC. I don't know if you can do it through the box. I downloaded it and deleted the old XBMC and put the new folder their.

Edited by cerealkillajme, 03 August 2005 - 06:11 AM.

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE(xanaxbarre @ Aug 3 2005, 07:14 AM)
Ok,

I got a good question that I hope someone can help me with. I have a modded box, and it is loaded with evox. Runs great. But I looked at the specs for Avalaunch, and it looks pretty good. I want to put Avalaunch on my box but don't know how. If some one could help me out i'd appreciate it.

xanxbarre beerchug.gif

View Post

What type of mod? chip or softmod? if soft which installer?

#4 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:38 AM

get it from xbins tutorial and falsh video in my sig grab avalaunch and put it in either e/apps or f/apps

if u want to use it as ur main dash then find ur evox files then delete and rename the avalaunch.xbe whatever the evox xbe was name

-wolf

#5 Vayate

Vayate

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:44 AM

I really don't see why s/he would need Slayers for this. Just boot Evox, FTP over and then FTP the Avalaunch files into your C drive. If you're using an X2 BIOS, it should load on boot. You might have to configure your BIOS if you're using the Evox one though.

btw Avalaunch is sweet. smile.gif I use it as my main dash and have no plans of ever changing it. I'm probably alone in that respect.

#6 gsgleason

gsgleason

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

if you have a mod with selectable bios banks, you could flash a new bios which ponts to avalaunch.xbe and use your switch to decide which dash to boot.

In my experience, evox is more stable, but ava is more pretty and feature-rich.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users