VGman17

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:00 AM

Okay, here's the problem: I'm looking around for a new bios, just for the fun of it, and I see the iND-Bios, and it has some nice features that'd I'd like. I download it, and am configuring it, with the iND Config App. I'm a bit drowsy, and I make this mistake:

Boot Settings:

DVD- D:\uix.xbe (where i wanted "D:\default.xbe")
First- C:\evoxdash.xbe (where I wanted "C:\uix.xbe")
Second- F:\dashboards\evoxdash\default.xbe
Third- F:\dashboards\Avalaunch\default.xbe

I flash the bios, and have the .cfg file in the root of my "C:". So when I reboot my xbox, the logo plays, then, wierdly enough, I get one of two errors:

-"Error 14: Generic Dashboard Error"
-"Error 13: Dashboard could not be launched"

What I can't understand is why the second or third backup dashes what kick in (I'm sure the path is right on those). So far I have tried using a boot disc to gain FTP support with the defualt.xbe on the disc named "default.xbe" and with it named "uix.xbe". No luck, they won't load, and I know my media is acceptable to the Xbox (I've used a bootdisc with that media before on my xbox), I created a correct XISO using Cboxtool, and I've gone through the proper burining procedures with nero.

My next thought is to take my HD out and put it in my friend's box, whose Bios points to the same dashes, as mine (since I set his up)(ie his'll load "C:\uix.xbe"); and fix the .cfg file. Will there be a problem with this? Is there an easier way?

My Xbox's HD IS Unlocked.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help/anyone who takes the time to read this.

#2 kollapse

kollapse

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:26 AM

you can fix it in your friends box as long as he has a modchip, not softmod.

Edited by kollapse, 03 August 2005 - 07:27 AM.

#3 VGman17

VGman17

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:31 AM

Yes his box is chipped with the Xenium SP Ice. Damn good thing that I don't lock my Harddrive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users