• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Munkiboy

Munkiboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:09 AM

I have done a couple of solderless installs on older Xboxes, but this is my first 1.6. My friend picked up an X-lite and the new solderless adapter available on easybuy2000.com (http://www.easybuy20...6_adapter.shtml). I followed the directions provided on easybuy2000 and everything went smoothly, until I got to the boot up. When I try to boot up the Xbox with the chip active, it starts up, turns off, starts up again, turns off again, starts up a third time and then starts flashing red and green. The Xbox does not put any image on the screen while this is happening - it seems like it is not sending out any video signal at all (no flickers or anything). When I deactivate the chip using Dip 1 on Switch #2 (as per the instructions found on easybuy2000), the Xbox will boot up, but goes to the error screen that one gets when using a new hard drive ("Your Xbox needs service... blah blah...") even though I am using his origional hard drive. When I boot up the Xbox with no power going to the chip, then the Xbox boots up as it did before the chip was ever installed.

I found another thread on this forum of a person having the same problem I am, but for a different reason. They were experiencing the problem mentioned above when trying to mod a 1.6 Xbox using a soldered solution. A response in that thread said that there were three possible solutions: bad solder points, bad bios, bad chip. I am not soldering, so I checked the solderless spring-wire connections several times and they all appear to be properly applied and all the LEDs on the solderless adapter light up. I am trying to boot up into the Cromwell bios that easybuy2000 ships their X-Lite chips with as I will need to boot that up before I can flash it with anything else (HTTP flash), so has anyone ever experienced any problems with easybuy2000's factory flashing? I would like to hear some input on the first to possibilities, otherwise I guess I'll have to assume it's the chip and contact easybuy2000 about a replacement.

The only other thought I had was that on some of the soldered solutions, it seems that it is required to remove a couple of pins from the pin header (#4 and #6 if memory serves...). On the 1.6 solderless adapter, all of the pins are intact, could this possibly be contributing to my woes?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Edited by Munkiboy, 03 August 2005 - 08:15 AM.

#2 zax123

zax123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:07 AM

Munikboy,

I'm having exactly the same problem as you had and was wondering if you ever found the solution. Please let me know. Thanks!

Zax

#3 zax123

zax123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:08 AM

Munikboy,

I'm having exactly the same problem as you had and was wondering if you ever found the solution. Please let me know. Thanks!

Zax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users