• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DarrelC

DarrelC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

OK I'm a newbie and I've read a good majority of the stuff already I'm not your typical noob. But I would like to know before I start tinkering with my friends Xbox if I'll mess up his stuff since my computer is New Technology File System and the Xbox appearantly is some kind of File Allocation Table system. See I'm running windows XP. I don't think I should have any problems, right? I mean ok heres what I've done to my computer:
I'm formatted under NTFS,
and I've also compressed my entire hard drive using NTFS compression.

However I have never had problems sending files to other people who were using windows XP under FAT 32 or windows 98 under fat 16/32 so with all this done to my computer I evidently shouldn't have any problems networking with the X-box, right? Or am I wrong...?

Thanks for your help, just need to know before I do any major damage.

#2 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:24 AM

You should have no problems, the way it works (and someone correct me if im wrong, I usually am with stuff like this):

The data is transfered via binary, so when the FAT file system (which is acctually the xFAT file system, guess what the x means.) it receives it and allocates as it should.

At any rate, you can FTP just fine from one to the other.

#3 DarrelC

DarrelC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:28 AM

Thanks I was a little scared at first, I didn't know if it had to be fat to fat or not, appreciate your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users