20 replies to this topic

#1 jbryant62

jbryant62

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:34 AM

I have ripped my xbox game to my pc. I then go to craxtion to create the iso but I get an error that states the default.xbe is not accessed through this path. The default.xbe is in the folder so I am not sure what I need to do. Also which files are used when creating the iso? please help.

#2 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:42 AM

Make a folder containing all the game info. Plus, I use Qwix but I don't think it would make a difference. Don't double post next time.

#3 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GFX, Computers, Life, Friends, the basics i suppose ;) i like to fool around with my Xbox also tho.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:50 AM

i thought that talking about back-ups and .xbe's were an "illegal topic" on X-S? the post from HSDEMONZ earlier in the forums stated "expect a warning.. and maybe a ban"

Edited by Hazanko, 04 August 2005 - 03:53 AM.

#4 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GFX, Computers, Life, Friends, the basics i suppose ;) i like to fool around with my Xbox also tho.

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:51 AM

the topic is right here

#5 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:modding of course<br />starcraft on my box is my dream
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:04 AM

if you have a modded xbox get hdd loader and do it all on your xbox

#6 br0w

br0w

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Aug 4 2005, 05:01 AM)
i thought that talking about back-ups and .xbe's were an "illegal topic" on X-S? the post from HSDEMONZ earlier in the forums stated "expect a warning.. and  maybe a ban"

View Post

If you download scene releases from WAM, PROJECTX, CSiSO etc.. and post problems with them cause you downloaded them.. eg...

"dude.. I download WAM's release of 'J00 SUCK BALLS' game.. and it doesn't work here on my HD"

...expect to get a warning.. and maybe a ban.

"dude.. the CSiSO XBE fix fuxored something.. help"

.. expect a warning.. and maybe a ban.

"dude.. I need the XBE repleacement for "x" game.

"dude.. anyone got a Torrent for..."

"dude.. my mom threw my game out.. can anyone PM a copy..."

"PM me privately.. I can get you the link/xbe/etc for "x" game or the complete game etc..."

he has done none of those. he is asking a legit question about his backup of his game.

personally, i would use dvd2xbox. its the easiest. if worst comes to worst, you can copy files to the HD using boxplorer/grabbing files one-by-one by ftp. once you get the files from your box to your comp, you can make the iso from qwix.

#7 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Aug 4 2005, 02:31 PM)
i thought that talking about back-ups and .xbe's were an "illegal topic" on X-S? the post from HSDEMONZ earlier in the forums stated "expect a warning.. and  maybe a ban"

View Post

That post is in regard to downloading games not for making backups of games you legally own. xbe files are part of all games and can be mentioned in regard to your own games what you cant do is request replacement of modified xbe files.

beerchug.gif

#8 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Aug 4 2005, 05:01 AM)

View Post

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't post. he is asking a legit question about backing up his game with craxtion.

#9 jbryant62

jbryant62

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:28 PM

Why are you concerned about getting me banned? anyways back to my problem. I OWN this game and when I rip to my pc I have a data folder and 3 files one of which is the default.xbe. when I go to craxtion to make the iso it says that default.xbe is not in the speciified path. The problem is that the default.xbe is in the folder. I know that I must be doing something wrong but I cant figure it out. I have also tried a disc rip with craxtion 4 but the ftp doesnt work. any suggestions.

#10 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:47 PM

Id just use QWIX. Better than craxtion i think.

#11 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:05 PM

ok, sorry guys sad.gif i guess i just misunderstood what he had said. and i am NOT trying to get you banned, i am just trying to warn you, because at the time, i misunderstood the question...

#12 jbryant62

jbryant62

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:51 PM

I went and downloaded qwix and it created the ISO successfully. I then went to Nero and burned to a disc. When i started the XBOX it just comes up to the evox dash, like there is no disc in the xbox. can anyone help?

#13 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:54 PM

try selecting launch dvd. if it still doesnt work then the media you burned the iso onto problably cannot be read by ur xbox. try cd-rw, dvd-r for best results

Edited by ndsbass, 04 August 2005 - 11:55 PM.

#14 Constantine

Constantine

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:09 AM

You could also slow down your burner to the slowest speed before you give up on your media. It is a dvd-r right?

#15 jbryant62

jbryant62

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:19 AM

I know that the discs work because I have some backups that a friend had made for me before that I can play. Will quix work if the default.xbe is not in the folder. The reason I ask is because when I tried using craxtion I was getting an error message stating that the default.xbe was not there but it is. Is anyone familiar with my specific problem? I will try to burn it at a slower speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users