• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anon123

anon123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:girls, modding and game hacking, girls, guitar, girls, skateboarding, girls, comp. prog....and girls
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:58 AM

I hope this post doesn't come across as stupid....I've been in the xbox modding scene for quite some time now and personally have a modchip, and this softmodding stuff I've never really dealt with, until now. I have a friend who just wants to be able to stream a movie from his comp and watch it on his xbox, using XBMC, however he uses live! and doesn't want to buy a modchip. I'd remembered hearing that softmods were live-safe if you just use a game exploit and don't really modify anything. So at first I tried to see if I could maybe somehow use avalaunch (through the SC exploit) and then just transfer over xbmc through an ftp....well it turns out I found out that XBMC can't be signed with a key, it just won't run unless you have a modified bios in some way. so here is my new plan, please tell me if it will work and still be compatible with xbox live! (after what i have been reading i think it should work but i just want to be sure before potentially screwing my friend over):

step 1: send over the sc w/evox hack to my memcard and have his xbox use the sc w/ evox game exploit to boot into evox
step 2: connect his xbox to mine and ill ftp over xbmc to his e:\xbmc
step 3: (on my pc) modify the metoo m8 patcher to set the dashboard as e:\xbmc\default.xbe
step 3: modify the memory card exploit to run the metoo m8 patcher instead of evox

if this works how i think it should, whenever he wants to run xbmc all he does is run sc and load the linux profile. and whenever he doesnt use that gamesave, he is xbox live safe, because the metoo patcher only patches the bios in memory. will this work how i think it will?

#2 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:40 AM

yes it will work fine that was the way we used to have to do it before
ude, ude2, uxe was discovered the only drawback was reset on eject
that ment you had to have a chiped xbox to make backups to load to the HDD
and your MA or 007 disk mostly stayed in the xbox

also NKpatcher works the best but you would have to recompile it for the options
you would want to use (boot dash only, no shadowC, dash path)

Edited by xman954, 05 August 2005 - 06:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users