trey85stang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:08 AM

I need clarification on something that is bugging me. I have an HDTV and I want to use my xbox in HD.. the only problem I seem to have is some games are HD.

When I hook the box up to the hd inputs on my tv.. if the game is not an hd game.. I get a blank screen. If it is an HD game it play no problem.. also DVD's (with the default dash.. will not display in progressive scan.

My question is.. am I doing something wrong.. or is this a problem that everyone has??

Edited by trey85stang, 05 August 2005 - 06:10 AM.

#2 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:11 AM

My xbox had a problem playing Fable in HD, similar to the problem you're having. I loaded the game to my hard drive, and now it plays fine. I know its not the solution you're looking for, but it might work.

[Edit] Also, the default dash will boot in High definition if you press Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Left Thumbstick button + Right Thumbstick button [Edit]

Edited by ClintiePoo, 05 August 2005 - 06:12 AM.

#3 trey85stang

trey85stang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(ClintiePoo @ Aug 5 2005, 07:22 AM)
My xbox had a problem playing Fable in HD, similar to the problem you're having.  I loaded the game to my hard drive, and now it plays fine.  I know its not the solution you're looking for, but it might work.

[Edit] Also, the default dash will boot in High definition if you press Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Left Thumbstick button + Right Thumbstick button [Edit]

View Post

Not quite what I was looking for.. I was just wondering if it is supposed to be able to display any game or DVD while hooked up to hd (obviously not in HD Glory).. or if it would only display HD Compatable games.

#4 hedge

hedge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:05 PM

Non HD games work just fine for me through the hd kit.

The only game I have had problems with was also fable. I have to disable the HD modes in my BIOS when I want to play that game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users