#1 BLazeD

BLazeD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:40 AM

Bit of a bummer, but it looks like FFXI will not support voice because otherwise they couldnt track abusive players.

Would be such a good feature in the game, and the reason for not including it doesnt really seem strong enough to me.

#2 mcbraders

mcbraders

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:blah
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:09 PM

hmmm thats shocking still tho its ff its bound to be good

#3 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:36 PM

ru serious? blink.gif

thats so retarded, oh well. I wasnt planning to buy it anyway, they aint all that. I hope theyre not starting a trend for mmorpgs on the 360.

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

well FFXI for the 360 will essentially be a port of the PC version... if the PC version doesn't support voice why should the 360 version?

The servers probably arn't designed to bus voice chat anyway.... and it's not like it's a halo game where where you're tied up doing other things... it's an MMORPG you have all the friggin time in the world.

#5 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:16 PM

Especially when there gets to being 200 people in an area. Trust me, you dont want voice chat. Plus the servers wouldnt be able to handle it.

#6 BLazeD

BLazeD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(tNCecil @ Aug 6 2005, 02:27 AM)
Especially when there gets to being 200 people in an area. Trust me, you dont want voice chat. Plus the servers wouldnt be able to handle it.

View Post

lol - yeah if you think about it that way...

#7 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:42 PM

twisteds right, its a simple pc port, also, couple hundred people talking? annoying? yes? bandwidth issues? Yes? ofcourse!

next!!!

#8 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

If you ask me it's more good news than bad... Players will need some way to communicate and if voice is confirmed to NOT be supported then it means they'll need a keyboard (in some form) for text entry wink.gif

#9 aykfc1

aykfc1

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:52 PM

I got ff11 for pc, never worked. I spent 200 dollars for ps2, and hated the damn game. I might of got it for 360 becuase I could use my headset but now I really dont know. Do you know if you will have too pay 10 dollars a month?

#10 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:19 PM

yes it'll be on the "play online" servers so you will have the same fees as the PC and PS2 versions.

#11 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

I still pay for my PC character even though im only on once in a while. 55WHM oh yea! lol

#12 Twasi

Twasi

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:24 AM

It will probably use that crappy micro keyboard dry.gif Knowing M$ they won't let me use my standard USB one but I'll have to buy one of theirs. I'm really hoping they let us use our keyboard pop.gif

#13 aykfc1

aykfc1

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:33 AM

If you have too pay and you cant talk then there is no way in hell there gonna make money.

#14 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:34 AM

so by your standards all the pc and ps2 owners that dont talk should stop playing?

#15 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:50 AM

you pay to talk on xbox live. its one of the features of that service. when you play a game like FF11, you dont play on xbox live, you play on the playonline servers. its as simple as that. you could choose to pay nothing and have the silver package from MS and play only MMO's, or you could pay for the gold service and get that voice chat you value so much but not for MMO's (atleast not FF11). i do see a point however, played fantasy star online at a buddy's house and with all the people talking in the lobby and games, you couldnt make sense of anything. i say with all the MMO's (huxley being the exception) keep it with text only.

only MMO's that were made for the 360 from the ground up would be sutable for voice chat. take True phantasy online for instance. a game like that could incorperate some kind of distance sensitive voice chat (similar to halo2).

basically if a game wasnt built with voice chat in mind (most MMO's) the dont expect it to be included. on the same note, dont expect xbox live features on games that dont run on xbox live but instead the companies independent servers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users