Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:09 PM

listed under xbox/xbox 360 but these cant be 360 shots, regardless, they are New so I thought Id post the link and be a nice 360 brother biggrin.gif

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_1814_en.html

Im actually kinda interested in this game, could be a better "Turok" type game than Turoks themselves.

time will tell........

#2 mcbraders

mcbraders

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:blah
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

hmm looking kool as usuall nice link

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:47 PM

I was half way interested in it until I discovered they're only making it to go alongside the upcoming King Kong remake. dry.gif

lets here it for crappy movie/game releases

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:49 PM

Im not expecting a good game, never did. But any game that gets T Rex's to chase me in the woods is a must try for me tongue.gif

I love soiling my undies beerchug.gif

#5 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:04 PM

Did you know this? King Kong will not sport any type of a HUD for you, meaning no crosshair, no health...

You basically have to surivive on an Island...

I'm sure this game won't be lame

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(Andy51 @ Aug 5 2005, 03:15 PM)
Did you know this? King Kong will not sport any type of a HUD for you, meaning no crosshair, no health...

View Post

That sounds kind of lame.... half the point of the HUD in games is to provide back senses you have in real life that you loose when in a game.

I should know how many clips/grenades I have in my pocket, or be able to feel how much blood I've lost... I can do that in real life, you can't "sense" any of that in a video game which is why we have HUDs... removing it would be like me getting lost in the woods and then saying "oh what the hell, I'll cut of my left hand and blindfold myself"

#7 aepuppetmaster

aepuppetmaster

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Aug 5 2005, 11:20 AM)
Im actually kinda interested in this game, could be a better "Turok" type game than Turoks themselves.

View Post

i almost forgot about turok, oh those where the good old days...

#8 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:04 PM

More than one game site rated it up there with GOW as a hot game of E3.
Peter Jackson also told EA, sorry but you're not making my games any more and went ahead and asked the dudes who made Beyond Good and Evil (he had been enjoying playing it, as he does play videogames) to make King Kong.

Might not be great, but it won't be a lame movie game.

#9 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:40 PM

Not 360 version but Im a sucker for Dinos and the scene got my blood pumping, not being able to get off the raft and letting it play out.

Direct Downloads at bottom of the following...

http://www.xboxyde.c...ch_1556_en.html

I'd take the graphics as is to be honest, no jaggies and HD would make me a happy man. If they actually use the 360's power and get higher poly models, I"ll soil myself when getting chases by a T Rex blink.gif

Made a specific thread for this so the mentally handicapped would see it, lord knows they wont open up an old thread..lazy fuggers

#10 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:37 PM

Peter Jackson also told EA, sorry but you're not making my games any more and went ahead and asked the dudes who made Beyond Good and Evil (he had been enjoying playing it, as he does play videogames) to make King Kong.

it would be funny if EA had bought Ubi soft like theyre trying to......lol
he would have to eat those words tongue.gif

#11 Mandalore

Mandalore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:19 PM

I must say it looks damn good on the xbox. With the hud being gone you can still tell your hurt but the whole ammo thing might be harder. You can tell your hurt just by how your character walks or you can tell by using effects that distorrt your vision or even the vibration in controller you can put in a heartbeat vibration. But I think if they do something like Halo where the gun has a digital display of how many bullets you have that could work.

This game looks promising but does it have multiplayer or anything of replay value?

#12 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Mandalore @ Aug 10 2005, 03:30 PM)
I must say it looks damn good on the xbox. With the hud being gone you can still tell your hurt but the whole ammo thing might be harder. You can tell your hurt just by how your character walks or you can tell by using effects that distorrt your vision or even the vibration in controller you can put in a heartbeat vibration.  But I think if they do something like Halo where the gun has a digital display of how many bullets you have that could work.

This game looks promising but does it have multiplayer or anything of replay value?

View Post

All of the games for 360 will be online games (multiplayer). So that means THIS game will be online game too (mp).

#13 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(spearfree @ Aug 10 2005, 11:59 AM)
All of the games for 360 will be online games (multiplayer). So that means THIS game will be online game too (mp).

View Post

where in the fug did you get that from, that is simply not true.

all games will in the least be, "Live Aware", thats not the same as online multiplayer.

#14 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

Videos look great but you have to worry that the game may be on rails and heavily scripted.

#15 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Aug 6 2005, 01:15 PM)

Might not be great, but it won't be a lame movie game.

View Post

Ha!
One of my favorite directors gave one of my most hated publishers a stiff arm and I didn't know about it?
Too funny....

And no I'm not a dork, I'm not a Peter Jackson fan for his Dork of the Ring movies.
Go and peep out Dead Alive and Bad Taste to see what I'm talking about biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users