6 replies to this topic

#1 ModingTheBox

ModingTheBox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:25 AM

How i set it to where my pc boots the disk first before windows starts. and do i unplug the ide cables from hard drive then try boot up cd?

#2 ModingTheBox

ModingTheBox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:59 AM

bump

#3 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:27 AM

from what it sounds like, youre making your hd from scratch, so, you unplug all ide cables from all your devices in your computer except for your cd-rom, and plug the primary master ide cable into your new hd. then turn on your computer and open your cd-rom tray and insert the disc and close it. my computer recognized the cd right away so i didnt have to re-start my computer, but if it gives you a problem just re-boot w/ the cd in the cd-rom.

#4 ModingTheBox

ModingTheBox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:34 AM

No i got stock hard drive i want to fix it. That aint the point of this post. the point it i need to know how to go in to computer setting set it to where cd boots first i made a boot cd iso image with nero. I have regulare xbox hard drive manger on a disk that works but has no files on it so i dont know how it would work and i got c drive on a cd.

#5 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:40 AM

im still a litle confused....youre trying to set the computer settings to boot from a cd?......most computers are configured to boot from a cd. if it doesnt recognize the cd, then i dont know how to make it recognize it. wink.gif

#6 ModingTheBox

ModingTheBox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:19 AM

bump

#7 glnwst

glnwst

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:24 AM

I know the way my computers set up you either hit f1 or delete as it boots and you can change the boot order etc. which is obviously what you're sayin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users