• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MortalSeraphim

MortalSeraphim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:55 AM

OK I have searched this for days now and have found nothing that works. Here's the deal....

I have several saved games on my room mate's xbox and have finally purchased my own. Both boxes are soft modded and are easily accessed via FTP. I am trying to transfer all of my saved games from his xbox to mine WITHOUT A MEMORY CARD.

I managed to find the files for the most important game (Star Wars: Republic Commando) in the TDATA folder but when I transfer them over to my new XBOX it says that either the profile is invalid or the autosave data is invalid. What's the problem? I really thought this would be easy.

Please help me, I'm pulling my hair out over this and I don't understand why it's so difficult.

#2 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:14 AM

why not just copy the Tdata and Udata (without the songs copied) and transfer them to your xbox that should work just make sure you made a copy of your gamesaves just to make sure (by the way it's udata not tdata)

Degalle

#3 glnwst

glnwst

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:38 AM

If you use the dash unleash x you can go to save manager and find out the folder names to game saves you wanna transfer. Then just transfer those folders to E\UDATA\ not TDATA, its usually for system settings for a game. I think the newer version, which I don't have yet, even lets you transfer saves between Xboxes like that.

Or, if you have a pc to go between just use xbox save manager which is on xbox-saves .com.

#4 MortalSeraphim

MortalSeraphim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:25 PM

I meant to say UDATA that was a typo. I've already found the folders that contain my game saves and have already tried to transfer them from one box to the other (through my PC using FlashFXP) but they don't work after they're transferred.

Xbox Game Save Manager also does not work. When it pulls up the list of saves all the names are BLANK. There's no way of telling which one goes to what, and even then they won't transfer from one box to another.

What do I need to do to get the game saves to work on the new XBOX?

#5 glnwst

glnwst

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:29 AM

The only reason they shouldn't work is they are one of those rare saves that need resigned to work on another xbox. I've never had a problem with Xbox save manager either. Always shows all my saves correctly and transfers them fine.

Edited by glnwst, 10 August 2005 - 04:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users