Photo

Are Your Cancelling Your EasyBuy2000 Order?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Are Your Cancelling Your EasyBuy2000 Order?

Are Your Cancelling Your EasyBuy2000 Order?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 August 2002 - 11:56 PM

Here is the news I got when someone I know called Easybuy2000.com and hammered them with questions:

"They've dropped the PC-BioXX now because of manufacturing problems and are now going to go with a new hybrid chip that is supposed to be superior to anything out there... It will combine the good things about the PC-BioXX (LPT Flashability) and the Xodus (no solder!)"

"they get their test samples in on Tuesday, and if all goes well, they will begin shipping it on Sep 15th"

"new price is $69... but for those who pre-ordered the pc-bioxx, we still get it for $49"

I for one would am cancelling. I don't trust them at all after trying to sell a OpenXBOX clone, and then making us wait when they couldn't copy it properly. I gurantee you they will make you wait longer than Sept 15th. And most importantly, if you can solder, who cares how they make the new mod-chip. Also... do you really want to get a buggy mod-chip with bad software from THEM? After what they've done to us???

#2 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 12:33 AM

cool.gif Well I saw this coming but no matter... I order a PC-Bioxx from Lik-Sang this afternoon.... But kept my EasyBuy2000.com order.... I will determine which one I will cancell on Tuesday.... EasyBuy2000.com BETTER WOW!!!! ME if they want to keep my present and future buisness... tongue.gif

#3 Bitgod

Bitgod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 01:06 AM

Grrr....Guess I'll wait and see wtf they're talking about. Has anyone heard of this supposed new chip before now? I've been waiting to get my xbox and ps2 chipped, I guess I can wait on the xbox if I get the ps2 chipped IF easybuy ships the ps2 chip I ordered from them. Getting a bad feeling for these people, I'll cancel everything on Tuesday if I don't see some good news.

#4 shinkansen

shinkansen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 01:40 AM

that's it. I knew this would happen. They did this for Neo4.
Made their own neo4 and called it Neostar.
Screw this crap. I am going to order the chip from lik-sang.
I heard good things about them. Can't be worse than Not-Easybuy.
wink.gif

what piss me more is that, they pretended that the PC-Bioxx is coming and delayed the release date knowingly. I guess I am not going to buy anything from them.

#5 atomon

atomon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 02:33 AM

i had no idea this would happen and i ordered mine today from their site. i had a popup stopper on so i didn't know about the popup. in about five minutes i am going to cancel my order and order from lik-sang

#6 i_need_a_bios_4_my_xbox

i_need_a_bios_4_my_xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 03:36 AM

personally i will wait for the new chip to come out and i just have to pre- order it and i will get it for 49 dollars instead of 69 which all you ppl wish you wouldve done becuase the chip is gunna be awsome!

#7 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 03:39 AM

Yes, brought to you by the same people who couldn't make a copy properly of the OpenXBOX, yet somehow are releasing a "better" chip.... looks like they're stalling to me.... and trying to keep our money... well they can't have mine.

#8 Kickace1616

Kickace1616

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 04:14 AM

Even if they were making a clone of the openxbox, who cares as long as it would of worked but a no solder mod is much better since it is flash upgradable also. I preordered the openxbox from them & im gonna get the no solder mod for only $49 since i preordered the openxbox. it might even be the actual xodus-chip, do u think it is??

#9 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 05:13 AM

Well its okay if its not the Xodus chip as long as it works, right? tongue.gif (Its not going to be it) Its still not right for them to try to peddle of bootleg modchips. I cancelled my order and just ordered from Lik-Sang.... and I'll have my mod-chip before the end of next week wink.gif

Edit.... and check out their 4.29/10 lifetime rating as resellerratings.com.... here staggering...

#10 kcobra

kcobra

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 06:25 AM

Haha. Very funny. I told people to check resellerratings when easybuy2000 started the pre-order for the OpenXBox. Hardly anyone seemed to listen. I would never order anything from easybuy2000 and this latest round of lies confirms that.

#11 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 06:30 AM

I'm sorry I didn't listen... on the bright side, I E-mailed Lik-Sang and if you pre-order now, you can still get one shipped on Tues biggrin.gif I'm spending $75, but its worth it!

#12 Bitgod

Bitgod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 06:39 AM

Funny how Lik-Sang has an even lower rating of 4.17 though...smile.gif But that's only 3 reviewers.

#13 shinkansen

shinkansen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 06:49 AM

just ordered from lik-sang. Would be spending 10 bucks more, but better than being toyed with.

#14 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:06 PM

Dear Easybuy2000.com Customers,

As you may already know, we have decided to terminate the OpenBox PC-Bioxx project because
of the release of the new MatriX.

Features

NO WIRES absolutely nothing to solder
Flash Upgradeable (programmer included)
Installs in under 5 minutes
Works with ALL Xbox's

ETA: Sept. 21, 2002
(almost 3 weeks away).

Still no comments on how to flash it, how its no solder, or even a picture of it. Time to cancel your orders gentlemen.

#15 globalhec

globalhec

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:40 PM

Before everyone gets too excited about this new wonderful, can make you walk on water, mod chip. I have a few questions.

This chip sounds like it's going to be an external mod chip, much like the ones for the playstation2. Now, all of the playstation2 external no solder mod chips required a swap trick in order to play playstation2 backups. Is this going to be the case with the external xbox mod? Would we have to do a swap trick? I don't know about the rest of you, but I would rather do 10 simple solders with the PCBioxx chip (That is, by the way, shipping today from Lik-Sang) than wait another 3 weeks, plus delays, so most likely 3-6 weeks for a chip that would require a swap trick and may very well not even exist.

Besides the fact that EasyBuy2000 shouldn't be trusted to begin with.
They attempted to clone the PCBioxx chip and failed.
Now they are trying to "cross breed" the PCBioxx Chip with with this new chip. My question to them is: Is any of this work your own? Or do you take it all? Or, am I completely out of line here, and did they all steal the chip designs from you?

I don't know about the rest of you, but my recommendation is to get the OpenXbox from lik-sang.com. There are only 10 solder points to do, on relativly large areas. All you need is a 15 watt soldering iron, and a fairly steady hand, it's not too difficult. Much easier than the older 29 wire (58 solder point) mod chips. Buy a real chip, one that has been proven, and one that is now shipping. cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users