4 replies to this topic

#1 mcinturf

mcinturf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:16 PM

So It locked with no prob and i backed up before hand but then i tried to unlock it again and it says done but under settings it still says lock enabled. any reason why and cant i use the info in backup to unlock it with hdmaker if necessary. What would be the reason for unlocking a drive to use in the xbox anyway????

Oh and should i now be able to boot to msdash with the chip disabled??? so that i can softmod. My chip is not soldered and the contacts are wearing away.

One final question....if i softmod now, will my files on f: (games and such) stay ok?

Lots of questions.....sorry just worried about why i cant unlock it now....

thanks

#2 mcinturf

mcinturf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:32 PM

Ok sorry my last search came up negative for some reason. I found the answer to the locking question i guess. At least i was able to unlock it again with config magic. but assuming i want it locked to softmod can someone answer the other questions. thnaks

#3 solder_blob

solder_blob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:34 PM

If you unlock it and boot with the chip disabled (Orginal BIOS) it won't work you will get a error #. Need a hacked BIOS to boot a unlocked HDD. I unlock all my stock HDDs to be able to sell em off to other people... If I didn't unlock em then they would be worthless with out being unlocked from the orginal motherboard.. I think there's a theory about the motherboard and HDD being married to each other...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#4 solder_blob

solder_blob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(mcinturf @ Aug 7 2005, 11:43 AM)
Ok sorry my last search came up negative for some reason. I found the answer to the locking question i guess. At least i was able to unlock it again with config magic. but assuming i want it  locked to softmod can someone answer the other questions. thnaks

View Post

Just lock it with EvoX or ConfigMagic (my personal fav tool) Then load the softmod games save and run it... I'm pretty sure F: would be fine unless you formatted it, and surely these softmods ask you if you want to format something before going on and installing a softmod... Just be sure to make a back up of C:

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#5 mcinturf

mcinturf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

Yeah ok thanks. It's locked again with config mazgic (which does seem to work the best)....so the next time this chip comes loose it should be able to boot to factory bios because i have a pretty up to date msdash on C. At least i hope it boots to factory with the chip off. Then i will try to softmod it and im pretty sure f stays untouched. thanks for the answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users