6 replies to this topic

#1 mabittin

mabittin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:29 AM

i installed an xecuter2 lite today - all went ok i think (i see the xecuter2 under the xbox logo on startup) - i can't get any of my cdrw discs to be recognized....i've tried an imation cdr, a generic cdrw , a memorex cdrw, and a tdk cdrw with the evox iso - all the discs give the unrecognizable disc message.....i'm incredibly frustrated and i've got a few questions...
1) are there ever any instances of a X2L installation that give the startup logo, yet don't work?
2) does the evoX dash have to be named default.xbe? or is evoxdash.xbe ok? (i've tried both with no luck)
3) are some drives so picky that i probably need to find someone with a DVD burner?

all help would be appreciated!!!!

#2 lenny6998

lenny6998

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:34 AM

connects a dvd rom to ur box............. then u'll know if its the media ur using or the way ur burning it.

#3 mabittin

mabittin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:35 AM

huh?......i don't have a dvd drive.....

#4 darkfox

darkfox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:42 AM

Some drives will only read dvds. Try putting in a cdrw that has dummy files on it. Put it in, reboot until it works, I might take a dozen or 2 trys.

#5 psibob84

psibob84

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:43 AM

doesnt have to be a dvd drive,
i connected an old hp cd writer so i could install evo-x

#6 mabittin

mabittin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:58 AM

are you saying that i can hook up my cd-burner drive from my pc on the xbox and have it work ok??

#7 StrongBad

StrongBad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2003 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (mabittin @ Apr 6 2003, 11:29 PM)
i can't get any of my cdrw discs to be recognized....i've tried an imation cdr, a generic cdrw , a memorex cdrw, and a tdk cdrw with the evox iso - all the discs give the unrecognizable disc message...

What type of DVD drive does your Xbox have? I gather from your failed media brand attempts that you have a Thomson. I've had a Memorex work only ONCE. Fujifilm has worked excellently numerous times. Try that. Also ensure you're burning the ISO correctly. Goodluck.

SB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users