Photo

Who Uses Xbmc As Their Main Dashboad?

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

Poll: Who uses XBMC as their main Dashboad?

Who uses XBMC as their main Dashboad?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#316 scotty_ne-pas

scotty_ne-pas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

I have replaced my Avalaunch dash with xbmc ever since i discovered this little gem of a script called navi-x, it is the ultimate script for streaming youtube and concerts and a whole ton of other media straight to the xbox.
I only use Avalaunch now for the ftp speeds that i get with using quix.

#317 Seina

Seina

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:05 AM

Unleashx isn't updated as much, it has easier access to games, applications, and saves, it can edit txt files in the file manager and it transfers between partitions and deletes files faster, making it for me the best choice for the default dash.

#318 ferjero989

ferjero989

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

i use unleash... i would use xbmc but i need the notepad sometimes.. for xml editing..
so.. if t3ch introduces notepad i will gladly use xbmc as dashboard

#319 6StringKng

6StringKng

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Computers, XBMC, Music, Guitar...
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:39 AM

theres a script you can download for viewing/editing text files, its called, Notepad, lol...

#320 ty1er

ty1er

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

I ran evox for the longest time, then around a year ago I ended up loading XBMC as the main dash. It does everything I need.

#321 Katormade

Katormade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

XBMC is fantastic ! Thanks to evryone that have been or being involved in this excellent project.

#322 L1v3s0nAn1s7and

L1v3s0nAn1s7and

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:19 AM

I used unleashx for the longest tiem but i found my self going in to xbmc doing everything so i just swittched to it......ha tongue.gif

#323 mario24601

mario24601

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:12 PM

I have evox with modchip (someone did for me about 2 years ago). I also have the latest XBMC I loaded myself on 'apps' section. Since I use XBMC for eveything I want to make that my dashboard...any good write ups on how to make the transition from evox to XBMC dash? I am not too comfortable with this stuff so the easier/clearer instructions the better....thanks for help.

#324 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:03 PM

I just did it. The best way is to get the latest AID on disc and just install xbmc as the main dash from there.

I liked UnleashX a lot but I never use it anymore. I like the Vista skin for,.... it was very clean but nice and bright.

#325 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:55 AM

Going from Evox to XBMC the quick way. Download latest version 70 odd meg but fast download, decompress (extract). Inside the folder is xbmc and tools folder. Copy XBMC folder only to your Xbox partition either c: e: f: g:. Open tools folder (still on pc) and find xbe shortcut maker, launch (.net must be installed). Make a shortcut to point to wherever you put your XBMC folder example "c:\xbmc\default.xbe". Then it asks what to call the file, call it evoxdash.xbe and save it to say your desktop. It will produce a file thats an xbe about 60kb or so. Drop that file to the root of your xbox c: drive. Done, reboot. Delete any unwanted evox stuff ie folders - skins -ini but not the new evoxdash.xbe as thats the boot shortcut for xbmc.

Sorry bad info, the simple shortcut maker isnt in this package however its not hard to find, check out the software section at this main site.

Edited by cbagy, 04 September 2008 - 07:00 AM.

#326 reliantkcar

reliantkcar

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

I use Unleashed x for playing copying games but the XBMC is for everything else. by the way Qwix works on unleashed x I use it to make iso's of gamestop games because My 500gig hardrive is stuffed so now i'm saving up for a 1tb drive. I already have the sata adapter so I just gotta get some more cash

#327 mario24601

mario24601

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:44 AM

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Mario

QUOTE(cbagy @ Sep 4 2008, 07:31 AM) View Post

Going from Evox to XBMC the quick way. Download latest version 70 odd meg but fast download, decompress (extract). Inside the folder is xbmc and tools folder. Copy XBMC folder only to your Xbox partition either c: e: f: g:. Open tools folder (still on pc) and find xbe shortcut maker, launch (.net must be installed). Make a shortcut to point to wherever you put your XBMC folder example "c:\xbmc\default.xbe". Then it asks what to call the file, call it evoxdash.xbe and save it to say your desktop. It will produce a file thats an xbe about 60kb or so. Drop that file to the root of your xbox c: drive. Done, reboot. Delete any unwanted evox stuff ie folders - skins -ini but not the new evoxdash.xbe as thats the boot shortcut for xbmc.

Sorry bad info, the simple shortcut maker isnt in this package however its not hard to find, check out the software section at this main site.

#328 Murhagh

Murhagh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

First: XMBC
Second: UnleashX

UnleashX is to copy new versions of XBMC to the HDD. For everything else I use XBMC.

#329 shabbs

shabbs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Murhagh @ Sep 15 2008, 08:18 AM) View Post
UnleashX is to copy new versions of XBMC to the HDD. For everything else I use XBMC.

Same here. The only time I kick out to UnleashX is to update XBMC. Until XBMC can update itself cleanly, this is the way it will be.

#330 Maulinwolf

Maulinwolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:33 AM

i use xbmc as my main dash on a softmodded xbox. i really like the look and feel of it. especially in media related use.(watching my tv shows and letting my kids call up movies in the bed rooms from my media server)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users