xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

I'm trying to repair a V1.6 motherboard that i purchased broken. It currently frags. I desoldered the pin header, all of the LPC traces are fine and all the LPC points are fine. There is one point along one of the LPC traces that is completely burned off
. Ihave some picture (Posted by Chancer). The broken point is the one with the white arrow pointing to it incase u missed it

user posted image

user posted image

basically what i want to know is which points do i have to connect to get that red trace (LAD2)working again. You can see on that red trace the point is completely burned off. So what do i need to solder together.

Thanks

#2 solder_blob

solder_blob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE(xboxmodder4life @ Aug 8 2005, 03:46 PM)
I'm trying to repair a V1.6 motherboard that i purchased broken. It currently frags. I desoldered the pin header, all of the LPC traces are fine and all the LPC points are fine. There is one point along one of the LPC traces that is completely burned off
. Ihave some picture (Posted by Chancer). The broken point is the one with the white arrow pointing to it incase u missed it

user posted image

user posted image

basically what i want to know is which points do i have to connect to get that red trace (LAD2)working again. You can see on that red trace the point is completely burned off. So what do i need to solder together.
Thanks

View Post

hehe is this the mb i sold you???

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#3 xboxmodder4life

xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:06 AM

haha yea. I desoldered the Pin header. Cleaned up some solder splashes i found. Cleaned the LPC up. Now i'm just trying to figure out how to bypass that point. Because everything i have tried has still made it frag. So i'm trying to figure out what points i need to connect to get around the broken point.

#4 xboxmodder4life

xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

any ideas?

#5 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:15 PM

The trace to the left of the break is the only place to get the required signal. Solder to the trace and bridge it to the via on the other side of the break (as well as to pin 8 if doing an LPC rebuild).

If you mess up the via at the left side of the break you have a paperweight for a board.

I offer this as a repair service if you are unsettled about soldering to traces.
Just check out the repairs section of my site, also the full resolution images are available in the gallery.
-nB

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

I have to add that these images I posted are copies of the ones from networkBoy and his site has a lot of repair info. Credit for the info on these images belongs to nb not me.
If you need the repair sorting he is your man as well.

#7 xboxmodder4life

xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:31 AM

thanks for all the help. I appreciate it and thanks to Networkboy for making these diagrams. I connecting the trace back together. But need to test with my multimeter tomorrow as its still fragging. So i'm assuming another LPC point is damaged or some other damage to the board. I found a huge solder splash over 4 points so i'm assume theres more errors else where to fix.

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users