Photo

WAR ON IRAQ <- All Posts, POLLS, Question, and

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

Poll: WAR ON IRAQ <- All Posts, POLLS, Question, and

WAR ON IRAQ <- All Posts, POLLS, Question, and

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 12:26 AM

The Cheeri0 is Opjose conspiracy comes to mind!!!!!!

#32 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (M3_DeL @ Apr 5 2003, 01:26 AM)
The Cheeri0 is Opjose conspiracy comes to mind!!!!!!

laugh.gif

This situation is bizarre.

At any rate:

Botulinim and Ricin traces found in terrorist training camp in N. Iraq

-Far from definitive, but nonetheless interesting.

An appalling hybrid of terrorism and abortion...possibly pregnant suicide/coerced bombers

-Fucked up.

Hoarded food and supplies indicate problems at the local level...ie, who was really killing Iraqis with the sanctions...

-A sobering reminder of how shallow appeasement and containment can be even worse than initially thought for the people of the target nation.

A translation of one article from the Al-Jazeera website in Arabic; Compare with the English language website of AlJ, and then ask yourself why they are so different.

-Just some food for thought in the war of the media.

#33 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 04:14 AM

It deserved to be deleted, but some of the better posts should have been moved over here.

Oh well, it was most likely deleted do to the bullshit being expressed against people living in Zion I assume. If ya read it, you'll get it...if not....who cares! biggrin.gif

Edited by Dark Schneider, 05 April 2003 - 04:16 AM.

#34 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 April 2003 - 04:22 AM

hmm i gotta put in my two bits about protestors.
1. they never really accompolish anything
2. while i may support their cause, there surely must be a better way to show support/non-support

#35 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 07:48 AM

Some articles on the very interesting but currently anonymous (for obvious reasons) Iraqi man who was instrumental in the rescue of Jessica Lynch, American POW.

Good details

Numerous quotes

America does not fight alone...I hope there is an opportunity in the future to publicly honour the risks he took.

user posted image

Edited by Lizard_King, 05 April 2003 - 07:50 AM.

#36 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:05 AM

Whatever you think of the Dixie Chicks' statements agains the war, Al Gore has managed to prove once again why he is such an ass-hat.

What a profound level of reasoning...They hate Bush + I hate Bush = I support them. At no point were they threatened or harmed. Their careers are not even in jeopardy. Quite simply, some people disagreed with what they said, and were vocal about it. But of course, Gore only believes people he agrees with should be allowed to speak.

#37 chad000

chad000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:25 AM

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying,

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

Go here for the entire transcript

#38 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:40 AM

As much as General Powell pisses me off on occasions, I must admit he has a way with words. Thanks for the transcript.

#39 phantazma1

phantazma1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:27 PM

i got a random question:
is it illegal to burn flags in the U.S.? i've never seen a flag burn over here...
so why that everytime i turn on the T.V., a different country is burning a U.S. flag.
i mean, EVERYWHERE! Greece, China, South Korea,Iraq,Turkey, and even the Australians
are burning our flag, and they are WITH US in this fight. it's so immature if you ask me.
the funny part is that when they are burning flags, they are probably burning a flag made
by a U.S. company, which in turn gives profit for America. Even if they buy flags that says
"made in china", it could have been manufatured for a parent company in the U.S. i don't
understand it at all. "oohh, look at me, i'm burning a flag because i hate ALL americans".
well i'm glad you're a fucking pyro with no future, burning a piece of cloth in which you
you probably don't even know where our country is in the world. i just wanna work for the
CIA and kill all those idiots. the world doesn't need this, nor does it needs 2000 volunteer
suicide bombers who has no future and are gonna go to hell sooner or later. So they think
that they might as well go out with a big bang.

So many problems in the world. I don't want to raise a child when we are still at a primitive
stage like this. *sigh*

#40 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 11:53 PM

That reminds me , flag burning that is, saw a picture of some bastich lighting a flag on fire and himself in the process. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
That was a kneeslapper.

#41 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 11:55 PM

No, the Supreme Court has upheld the right to burn flags as a means of free expression, so barring safety concerns it is legal.

In any case, the Palestinians at least tend to use homemade paper flags these days. Which is even more ironic if you think about it.

#42 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 12:01 AM

user posted image

#43 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members