#1 portarock

portarock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:47 PM

http://www.projectoffset.com/news.html

This game seems interesting hopfulling they will be picked up by xbox360 like they want. The graphics the engine can produce in real time look amazing. To me the most incredible part of this engine/game is that it is being made by only three people!

unrelated: Just noticed this is my 100th post. Yay for me! free pop.gif for everyone!

Edited by portarock, 09 August 2005 - 12:52 PM.

#2 Mandalore

Mandalore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:54 PM

Yeah I saw the first sneak peak of it when it came out and was blown away. I had no idea this game was being developed by three people though that's just amazing. I don't expect this game to hit shelves for a long time though but if it looks anything like their concept art than were in for a treat.

#3 portarock

portarock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:06 PM

If you read the team info two of them are artist! The game looks great hopfully M$ or someone else will pick it up. Also if you read the info about the engine it sounds like it will be very mod friendly ( if Im understanding it right , Im not a programer ). It talks about how everything uses xmls.

#4 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:21 PM

My God! It even trumps and make Gears of War look bad.... and it's barely finished....

#5 portarock

portarock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by portarock, 09 August 2005 - 05:15 PM.

#6 Hoogabooga

Hoogabooga

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:43 PM

3rd party games either blow, or blow other games away....

if this game every makes it to selfs, it will blow all others away, count me in if it releases

#7 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:46 PM

Don't get me wrong it looks fantastic, but it hardly "trumps" Gears of War. Gears is already up and running. With multiple characters on screen and fully detailed and destructible environments. Not to mention it's running on less than final 360 hardware.

Project Offset is probably running on a high powered PC, of course it looks good... Can I bust down that brick wall... Is that other character thinking or is it just following it's animation routine?

Besides, while an "Epic Fantasy FPS" is certainly a new take on two different genres I never really cared much for fairies, elves and wizards. Give me aliens, robots, and mutants any day. laugh.gif

#8 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

It's amazing what three people can accomplish.
Hopefully some publishing studio picks them up.

Like Twisted, I'd like to see how this engine holds up with full AI, more enemies, and full environments. These guys are pretty confident that the Xbox 360 and PS3 can handle their game engine. If anyone's going to take a chance with these guys it's going to be M$ Game Studios. I don't see anyone else in the console business taking a chance....

#9 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:44 PM

What the heck?

Project Offset

It's a Xbox 360 game also?

P.S. why are you comparing the old fucker to the Gears of War guy? Try the um.. Troll instead, IN THE SNEAK PEAK #2, which can be found on Project Offset's site or on Teambox I think..here..:

Link

Watch the sneak peek 2 and look at the troll.. it's very detailed to me...

#10 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(portarock @ Aug 9 2005, 06:23 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

View Post

So? His wrinkles are sexy! tongue.gif

#11 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:32 AM

Like twisted, im not into the whole fantasy side of things, but if it looks half that good with many things on at once on screen, I'll buy it any day of the effing week pop.gif

#12 portarock

portarock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:04 PM

I wasnt really agreeing with the comment that Offset trumps GOW, I was just providing a screenshot so that people can compare and judge for themselves. The reason I used the old man is because he is human like the lead character from Gears of War.

While I do think the graphics look great I dont think its a fair comparison. GOW is a actual game with AI, physics systems, multiple characters on screen etc. We dont know how far along PO is, what kinda system it is running on, and if there will be big proformance hit after implementing them.

I too am a shooter fan over half my games are shooters. I do feel a little reluctant to get this tiltle snice it seems a little weird to me and Ive never played anything similar. If this game can acomplish what it sets out to though then I think that I will have to buy it. The graphics will be great, it'll have destructible environments, rag doll and every mode ( single, co-op,deathmatch) you could possibly want.

Also this is not just a game but a new engine. If this engine can perform as good as they say then imagine the possibilities for other titles made with it. We could have an incredible shooter and it wouldnt take forever to make biggrin.gif But plz no more WW2 games dry.gif need a break from those.

beerchug.gif n pop.gif for everyone who actully read this post!! laugh.gif

#13 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(portarock @ Aug 10 2005, 09:15 AM)

Also this is not just a game but a new engine. If this engine can perform as good as they say then imagine the possibilities for other titles made with it.

beerchug.gif  n  pop.gif  for everyone who actully read this post!!  laugh.gif

View Post

yeah we might be just getting a sneak peek at a future engine that could give us many enjoyable gams, thats fine by me, and so is the pop.gif thanks

beerchug.gif

#14 Hoogabooga

Hoogabooga

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:01 PM

Doesnt this just seem like morrowind, but only FPS???

#15 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(Hoogabooga @ Aug 10 2005, 03:12 PM)
Doesnt this just seem like morrowind, but only FPS???

View Post

who gives a shit, look at the fuggin graphics?!

if that engine could do what Oblivions can, as far as forests, characters, and so on, but with those graphics...

....who cares what it resembles.

eat some pop.gif and enjoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users