#1 johnmiceter

johnmiceter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:51 AM

Hi, I'm wanting to try to rip 3 full games onto 1 DVD using Craxtion, but the problem is they won't fit. I don't know very much about this at all, never done it before, but I know you can just delete the language files if it's PAL aand remove all of them except English.

This is ok to do right ? And also the Dashupdate.xbe file is also ok to remove isn't it ?

Because I removed all of these, but I still need about another 2 or 300 meg to go before it will fit and I'm not sure at all what else to remove.

I tried to remove these files from a certain game and after making a multigame disc, it won't even boot now :

FRENCH.PAK (removed because it looks like French language which I wouldn't need) ?
GERMAN.PAK (removed because it looks like German language which I wouldn't need) ?
ITALIAN.PAK (removed because it looks like Italian language which I wouldn't need) ?
dashupdate.xbe (I've removed this from other games before, and they worked without this file)
logos_FRE.xmv (something to do with French which I wouldn't need) ?
logos_ITA.xmv (something to do with Italian which I wouldn't need) ?
logos_DEU.xmv (something to do with Dutch which I wouldn't need) ?
logos_SPA.xmv (something to do with Spain which I wouldn't need) ?
credits.xmv (removed Credits, as I thought I wouldn't need to watch them) ?

So that is an example of what I removed from one game. I also removed some other files from other games that didn't seem important, but I know I'm doing something wrong, but would really like to know what.

So if anyone is really experienced at doing this and could help me, please let me know. Or if there is a tutorial somewhere that would be great, thanks.

I don't think I will be doing this again, but I have 3 games I really want to fit onto 1 DVD, so if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated, thanks.

#2 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:01 AM

Instead of removing files, you could just reduce the quality in some of the FMVs. That would save a TON of space. Check the tutorials section, then under "Other Guides," I believe.

You shouldn't see too much of a reduction in quality, either.

#3 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Aug 9 2005, 09:12 PM)
Instead of removing files, you could just reduce the quality in some of the FMVs.  That would save a TON of space.  Check the tutorials section, then under "Other Guides," I believe.

You shouldn't see too much of a reduction in quality, either.

View Post

which takes up a lot of computing power and time (sometimes even days)

#4 Kev102189

Kev102189

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Video games (duh!)<br />Motorcycles
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:44 AM

Or just put two games on one disc, and spend another fifty cents for an extra dvd-r.

#5 johnmiceter

johnmiceter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:50 AM

I can't find the guide there Cattykid ?

Do you know the exact name of it ?

And Kev it's not about the money or lack of discs for me wanting to put 3 games on 1 DVD, it's because I want to put all the Outlaw games onto 1 DVD. I'm putting Outlaw golf 2 (I like it more then 1) Outlaw Volleyball and now Outlaw Tennis smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users