6 replies to this topic

#1 radxrico

radxrico

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:44 AM

To take a hard drive... have it in your PC. and format it... partition it, and place c:\ e:\ files of your xbox.. place them in there and just replace hard drives? will that work.. and if not.. why not? (Soft modded)

Edited by radxrico, 10 August 2005 - 07:45 AM.

#2 Soylent

Soylent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(radxrico @ Aug 10 2005, 03:55 AM)
To take a hard drive... have it in your PC. and format it... partition it, and place c:\ e:\ files of your xbox.. place them in there and just replace hard drives? will that work.. and if not.. why not? (Soft modded)

View Post

It won't. The Xbox uses a special filesystem for its hard drive that your PC can't read. More specific help should be available from people that are more familiar with softmodding. It seems like you should be able to unplug your DVD drive, powersplit to a second hard drive, and use your dash to format that hard drive for Xbox use and then FTP the appropriate files to it to upgrade, but as I'm a modchip person I have no idea on the specifics. smile.gif

#3 radxrico

radxrico

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:53 AM

k thanks... seems like every alternative i try to do this it wont work.. tried tutorials/apps and i keep running into problems.

#4 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:00 AM

That guy is actually incorrect. That is how softmodders upgrade their HDs. The only step that needs to be added to your description is locking the HD using the EEPROM off the xbox the HD will be put into. Search for xboxhdm.

#5 Soullar

Soullar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:31 AM

In addition to jameswalter, I wrote small tutorial on hdd's and softmods : HERE

#6 Soylent

Soylent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(jameswalter @ Aug 10 2005, 04:11 AM)
That guy is actually incorrect.  That is how softmodders upgrade their HDs.  The only step that needs to be added to your description is locking the HD using the EEPROM off the xbox the HD will be put into.  Search for xboxhdm.

View Post

Glad to hear I was so close for someone who's never softmodded an Xbox. tongue.gif Cheers, and good luck to the original poster.

#7 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:23 PM

I've responded to your PM, and yes I can set up your new HDD for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users