Photo

X-chip Frags After Install On A 1.6 Xbox !?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CoolSpy

CoolSpy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:32 PM

Ok, i just installed my x-chip with pin header on a 1.6 xbox and when i power it on it frags red/green.

I read that if it frags, it means that the d0 solder is fine. Is that true ?
Also i see the red light of the chip lighting each time it frags: does it also mean that the 5v connexion is ok or not necessarily ?

I am also a bit lost about what to do just after i install the chip. Do i need to flash the bios so it stops fraging ?

Also one last question: i read on the chips table on xbox scene that it needs 1.1 cromwell on 1.6 xbox but i am unable to find anything but 1.0 cromwell on the 2b2k website !

Since i don't have a ohm checking device i can't test my solders and would like to be sure that it is a soldering issue before i redo them all sad.gif

TIA for your help guys wink.gif

Edited by CoolSpy, 10 August 2005 - 12:35 PM.

#2 CoolSpy

CoolSpy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:47 AM

never mind hehe, i just installed the evox xchip 1.3 bios and it now works like a charm smile.gif

I am a bit puzzled though tha eb2k ships their chips without any compatible bios for the 1.6 !!! ohmy.gif

#3 Sauce1977

Sauce1977

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(CoolSpy @ Aug 11 2005, 03:58 AM)
never mind hehe, i just installed the evox xchip 1.3 bios and it now works like a charm smile.gif

I am a bit puzzled though tha eb2k ships their chips without any compatible bios for the 1.6 !!!  ohmy.gif

View Post

Hey man Im haveing the same problem you were having how did you go by fixing it

#4 iceman4208

iceman4208

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:43 PM

you have to download the xchip 1.3 bios from somewhere special and flash the chip... it took me about a week to install one of those b@st@rds.

they can't sell you the chip with the bios because that would be illegal, that is why no one has it for download either, you have to find it or get it from a friend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users