Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:35 PM

some of you will remember the older screens of this looked kinda weak graphically, other than there being 1,000 zombies on the screen.

Seems they are indeed enjoying the new kits, NOW its starting to show some grapical flare. smile.gif

The first batch of pics we got a couple months back looked barely any better than Silent Hills on xbox blink.gif

Here she is...

user posted image

#2 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:06 PM

Woaw....
And Capcom's aiming for a thousand zombies simultaneously on screen.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one.
I hope the game plays as good as it looks!

#3 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:17 PM

EGM played it and they said that before anyone can call it fun, the developers need to have better controls...

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(Andy51 @ Aug 10 2005, 03:28 PM)
EGM played it and they said that before anyone can call it fun, the developers need to have better controls...

View Post

yipes

for a game like that to have lack luster controls spells doom 4 sure.

weve seen nothing but bludgeoning, and even if beating things down with pipes and shovels is only a third of the game, and the other 2/3'rds is puzzles and what not, it had better have great controls.

no matter, I never wanted to get it, too many other games that from what I see, better deserve my $$.

#5 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Andy51 @ Aug 10 2005, 07:28 PM)

View Post

Man what a buzz kill.
I'm a big fan of zombie flicks, and Capcom.

But I swear, if they screw this game up I'll....
Ok maybe I'll just break something....
Or kick a chair or something....

I don't understand how devs release crap with clunky controls.
Wait, this comes from Capcom. The people behind the RE series which is notorious for clunky controls with the exception of RE4. So it wouldn't surprise me if this game too (although it's being developed by a different team) had sucky clunky controls. But back to what I was saying, I just don't understand why developers can't get the basics done right. Controls should be the most important part of game developement. They treat game developement as if a vehicle manufacturer designed a hot rod, only to leave it with half assed handling. Car manufacturers don't do that, why do game devs do it?

I just don't understand it, and it's ish like this that has me thinking about going to school for game design tongue.gif

#6 geo22

geo22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

i dunno,,it still looks the same to the older pics for me..and are those some aliasing problems I see on the zombie? Its really hard to tell if running it on the beta kits have given any significant improvements visually, especially if we only have this static image to go by...We have to see it in motion, and see if there was any boost in the framerate, cuz the old video trailers were really choppy..

#7 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:03 AM

meh, not impressed with that. Although, those wardevil screens are the most amazing thing ive ever seen. I just wanna see how the charachters move.

#8 mario_ps2

mario_ps2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:57 AM

Capcom is one of the best prog developers outthere. smile.gif

They have a number of exciting games under their franchise name and I just hope they don't crap out the game like they did with Dino Crissis 3 with the camera controls. mad.gif

They are more than capable of doing a superb, high detailed game, just like they did with Resident Evil 4 for the gamecube.. wink.gif

In my opinion, this game graphically beats every game ph34r.gif outthere as of today...Yes including Halo 2, Half-life 2, doom 3, and the rest of them.

This game looks very promissing for the xbox 360. I hope they can make it as special as they did it with RE4 for the gamecube. biggrin.gif

#9 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:27 AM

Yeah I too think the game looks pretty good, in terms of graphics.
I mean even the hi-res direct feed that was pulled from the game when it was running on the beta kit looked pretty good.

This picture was obviously pulled from the game running on the beta kits.
It looks a lot better. I wouldn't put too much stock on some of the blocky looking zombies, since some look better than others.
And some of you cats need to realize that the game engine allows for up to 1000 zombies on screen. So this means that the characters in this game won't have a huge poly count as seen in other Xbox 360 games. What you will see is more emphasis placed on techniques like bump mapping and texture detail. Which is evident in the HD video feed I saw of this game. The textures look very realistic.

So the bottom line is that I'm pleased with this game's graphics at this point in its developement stage ph34r.gif

#10 boxrocker

boxrocker

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:54 PM

I'd like to see something kinda based on the new "Dawn of the Dead" movie.
It would be awesome to have a mini-game of sitting on top of the mall sniping zombies in a kind of "Where's Waldo" theme!

#11 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(boxrocker @ Aug 11 2005, 12:05 PM)
I'd like to see something kinda based on the new "Dawn of the Dead" movie.
It would be awesome to have a mini-game of sitting on top of the mall sniping zombies in a kind of "Where's Waldo" theme!

View Post

Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users