Photo

Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#1486 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(kizer8 @ Feb 13 2007, 07:34 PM) View Post

How do I setup/configure/use IGR with Krayzie's 1.1 softmod installer? Please be detailed if possible since I am new to all this stuff. My dash in unleashx.

Thanks,
Kizer

It's a;;ready active. just press L+R+back+start

#1487 kizer8

kizer8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(krayzie @ Feb 13 2007, 12:38 PM) View Post

It's a;;ready active. just press L+R+back+start

Thanks Krayzie for the reply. Sorry for my ignorance, but what is L and R. I know back and start because they are labeled. One more question. is there any easy way to initiate/launch your installer again without using the games.

Thanks,
Kizer

#1488 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

left and right triggers. You can easily launch the save via the extras in modded mode. In unmodded mode you'll need the game.

Edited by krayzie, 13 February 2007 - 08:31 PM.

#1489 kizer8

kizer8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(krayzie @ Feb 13 2007, 01:38 PM) View Post

left and right triggers. You can easily launch the save via the extras in modded mode. In unmodded mode you'll need the game.

Thanks I understand the L & R and now IGR works , but what is extras and how do I access it.

Thanks,
Kizer

#1490 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Old School Sega Saturn Modder & XiaNaiX fan from the PSX mod days.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

how far did you get in to reading the readme files within the package? it is explained quite well what the extra are in there.

#1491 kizer8

kizer8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Feb 14 2007, 05:13 AM) View Post

how far did you get in to reading the readme files within the package? it is explained quite well what the extra are in there.

Sorry, I read the readme a little further and now understand the extras. A couple more questions I didn't see answered in the readme. What BIOS version is in Krayzie ndure 1.1 installer and what is the biggest hard drive I can install with it?

Thanks,
Kizer

#1492 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(kizer8 @ Feb 14 2007, 07:04 AM) View Post

Sorry, I read the readme a little further and now understand the extras. A couple more questions I didn't see answered in the readme. What BIOS version is in Krayzie ndure 1.1 installer and what is the biggest hard drive I can install with it?

Thanks,
Kizer

whatever bios you have on your stock xbox. NDure uses NKPatcher to patch the retail bios in memory.

using xbpartitioner in combination/after XboxHDMaker, you can theoretically use any size hard drive available that has the right interface and is able to be locked. you just have to use the right cluster size.

#1493 kizer8

kizer8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Feb 14 2007, 03:53 PM) View Post

whatever bios you have on your stock xbox. NDure uses NKPatcher to patch the retail bios in memory.

using xbpartitioner in combination/after XboxHDMaker, you can theoretically use any size hard drive available that has the right interface and is able to be locked. you just have to use the right cluster size.

Thanks

#1494 themuffin

themuffin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

I've been out of the scene for a long long time, I had to have the person I taught to mod do this for me...

One big question that answers many small ones:

How can I change the BIOS so that I could change the dashboard boot order, LBA48 support, etc... XBtool doesn't work with the BIOS I found in the UDATA,

Is this kind of customization possible with this exploit?

#1495 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(themuffin @ Feb 14 2007, 04:56 PM) View Post
I've been out of the scene for a long long time, I had to have the person I taught to mod do this for me...

One big question that answers many small ones:

How can I change the BIOS so that I could change the dashboard boot order, LBA48 support, etc... XBtool doesn't work with the BIOS I found in the UDATA,

Is this kind of customization possible with this exploit?

you missed what i said about a post or 2 ago. the bios that is loaded is the RETAIL bios. it is patched with NKPatcher in RAM. you can't use XBTool for this. this is krayzie's version of the NDure installer, made to be completely easy for the n00b. with NDure, you make all your choices in the NDure package prior to installing the mod.

with Krayzie's installer, the dashboard boot order is as follows if you have multiboot enabled:

E:\Dashboard\Default.xbe
E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe
E:\Dashboard\AltDash\default.xbe

LBA48 is enabled. you have a choice between F gets all and F gets 127, G gets rest.

#1496 themuffin

themuffin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Feb 15 2007, 10:53 AM) View Post

you missed what i said about a post or 2 ago. the bios that is loaded is the RETAIL bios. it is patched with NKPatcher in RAM. you can't use XBTool for this. this is krayzie's version of the NDure installer, made to be completely easy for the n00b. with NDure, you make all your choices in the NDure package prior to installing the mod.

with Krayzie's installer, the dashboard boot order is as follows if you have multiboot enabled:

E:\Dashboard\Default.xbe
E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe
E:\Dashboard\AltDash\default.xbe

LBA48 is enabled. you have a choice between F gets all and F gets 127, G gets rest.

Is there any way to change any of that? (while still using this mod as is?)

Thank btw, (how the heck do you +rep?)

Edited by themuffin, 15 February 2007 - 11:44 PM.

#1497 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE(themuffin @ Feb 15 2007, 02:49 PM) View Post

Is there any way to change any of that? (while still using this mod as is?)

Thank btw, (how the heck do you +rep?)

Depends on what you mean by change. NKPatcher's job is to patch the retail bios. how it patches it is decided by the settings you select prior to compiling the mod. If you are using Krayzie's, there are several presets already selected for you. if you don't want to use Krayzie's, jump ship from here and do a search for KingRoach's NDure threads. this will allow you to make your own NDure based softmod.

now, if you want to change what directory the mod uses to launch a dashboard, the easiest way is to use an Xbox Shortcut Maker. Choose where you want the shortcut to point, name it properly and assign it a Save Data number that matches the one of the xbe you want it to point to. Create the shortcut and name it "default.xbe". then place that file into the E:\Dashboard (or E:\Dashboard\AltDash) folder. The mod will load, find the shortcut, and launch the associated xbe.

the only trick to this is that you may not be able to point it to a folder on RealC, as ShadowC will already be invoked at this time. Placing it on ShadowC can prove pretty dangerous.

Either way, you will never be able to do use anything like XBTool to change settings. and honestly, there aren't many settings you'd want to change anyway....Short of placing the dashboard on RealC and then hiding it so the end user can't mess it up, there is no real reason to have anything anywhere else, and no settings i know of worth changing. Krayzie's installer is designed to be n00b friendly, secure, and Live Safe. The layout is so well done that i actually use it to base my hard mods on, placing my dashboard in E:\Dashboard, etc.

Thanx for the rep....though if you want to give me a real push, send a note to Krayzie or a couple of other moderators on the forums and let them know how useful my post was. i've been considering talking to some of these guys about being a moderator for a couple of forums.

Good luck, and enjoy it.

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 16 February 2007 - 05:27 AM.

#1498 houndb

houndb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

I'm a idiot. Not quite sure where to go or where to post. I had a friend do a softmod using krayzie and the splinter cell bug. The soft mod work but it work freeze sometimes. Well I really like the options the softmod offered and all the different dashboards and I decide to try a mod chip.

I thought that it would be easier to change stuff and less chance of screwing things up. My friend gave me a burned cd that was suppose to have my back up orginal eeprom and harddrive. So I booted up splinter cell and it booted up the modded dash chirst I cant remember what the dash was called now. IT had the option to unistall the soft mod. I chose the option to restore from cd/dvd. It rebooted and started the xbox green ms dash starts up and then I get nothing but a black screen. The dvd drive works and it appears the xbox is running. Is there a way to get back out of the option to to restore from cd/dvd cause I'm thinking thats whats it's trying to do. The cd my friend gave me does not have my back ups on it and he didn't save em.

I think I have ftp access through the mod chip if I put The chip in. It's a Xenium Gold. All I want is the orginal xbox restored to factory. The xbox is a 1.4 with thompson dvd never been hook up to live.

I've been reading posts for about 18 hours now and I'm totally lost so could someone please tell me what my options are and how in the hell to get back to the orginal xbox. That way I can start fresh and do all the hacks with the chip.

Thank you for any help and sorry for the long post.

#1499 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

could someone please tell me what my options are and how in the hell to get back to the orginal xbox
cold boot slayers2.6 or 2.7 with the chip on and select restore MS dash "C:\"
there's also other boot disk's that can do the same
they all have FTP servers so you can use that if you want to replace the C:\

#1500 navanman

navanman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:40 PM

I installed your excellent softmod using the default nkpatcher .67 with 160GB HD. I have lots of games, videos on F drive and 21GB on G. If I use Krayzie's Extras to switch to nkpatcher .06, will I lose the contents that is currently on F: and G: or will it integrate the disc space on G into F:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users