Photo

Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#556 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:25 AM

when mod is active you canno connect to live.
with dual retail mode you cannot enter live menu or network settings. if settings need to be changed read the readme

#557 2121oyoy

2121oyoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:47 PM

@ A Murder of Crows

Is the drive that you are saving your eeprom info to the virtual drive? If it is then you first need to run a bfm bios in order to save it on the real drive and not the virtual one. I haven't used this installer but for manual installs when compiling yourself into a completely hidden c this can be the case.

@ krayzie

Why has your sig changed to no longer include the completely hidden c and the other things?

#558 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:57 PM

people dohn't read it anyways. The market now seems only interested in the easy way. the time people wanted to do things manually is way gone. You can find the info on the tutorials topic though.

#559 2121oyoy

2121oyoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:17 AM

The forum search hasn't worked for a while and I didn't see it under tutorials. A lot of these options people want could be theirs if they did it the manual way.

#560 jsd

jsd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:28 PM

Just a note to say I tried this for the first time a few days ago and it worked phenomenally well! The hardest part was figuring out how to copy the saves from my chipped xbox to the memory card. (Didn't realize you had to d-pad over to the actual save, kept trying to select the "container".)

I'm super impressed at the work that went into this. The whole step-by-step GUI install procedure is amazingly simple and well-done. Kudos!

QUOTE(JeroenDierckx @ Dec 5 2005, 06:34 PM) View Post

If that would be possible, dashboards could implement file access through an ftp server, or even an SMB share! Imagine having a big server with all xbox games available, and being able to start them right from there! Off course that would be a bit slow, but only at loading times (there isn't that much disk access during gameplay, right?).

most games i'm aware of access the disk pretty much constantly. but the real problem with your idea is that once the game xbe was loaded into memory, the whole smb thing would instantly stop working, because the smb client would have to be part of the dashboard code, and the xbox cannot run two processes simultaneously. basically it's impossible.

#561 Minotaur

Minotaur

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:39 AM

Just wondering if there are any points during the install of the Ndure softmod where it could kill the xbox if the power went out? I ask because it is presently thunderstorming here and a friend is bring over her xbox for me to mod later on smile.gif

#562 stowelly

stowelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(Minotaur @ Dec 15 2005, 06:46 AM) View Post

Just wondering if there are any points during the install of the Ndure softmod where it could kill the xbox if the power went out? I ask because it is presently thunderstorming here and a friend is bring over her xbox for me to mod later on smile.gif

you have to make a backup as the first option in the menu, so if anything did go wrong changing the dash youd still be able to get back to the exploit through your retail game to restore it

i think thats rght, im still a newb too

Edited by stowelly, 15 December 2005 - 09:41 AM.

#563 Gotenk

Gotenk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:32 AM

hey noob here.....anwyays whats the difference between the UDE and your UXE installer? i really want to know, so i can have the best results with it..... thx

#564 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:31 AM

just wondering... k ndure inst. still ver 1.0 ???

#565 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:41 AM

yup... 1.1 is still a very very early beta and and needs a lot of work.

#566 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:47 AM

cool...

thnx for the reply

#567 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:03 AM

hi, thanks for making this package, very useful, was able to soft mod a new xbox with it, but having one problem, for some reason the f drive does not have any space allocated to it, i am sure there are a couple of GBs somewhere not allocated.... any idea? F drive is enabled on the dashboard, and yes i chose the option to enable f drive.... is there a command or program i could use that could allocate the left over GBs to the f drive without deleting anything of the other drives? thanks

#568 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(the_Watchers_eye @ Dec 20 2005, 06:10 PM) View Post

hi, thanks for making this package, very useful, was able to soft mod a new xbox with it, but having one problem, for some reason the f drive does not have any space allocated to it, i am sure there are a couple of GBs somewhere not allocated.... any idea? F drive is enabled on the dashboard, and yes i chose the option to enable f drive.... is there a command or program i could use that could allocate the left over GBs to the f drive without deleting anything of the other drives? thanks

if its a stock drive, there will be no left over space, unless its a seagate, then you'll have 2gbs on F use the format menu in unleashX to gain it, if using evox, you'll need to add the command to the ini file most likely.

#569 eobiont

eobiont

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:12 AM

Is there a tutorial or instructions someplace about removing this software?

I used this exploit and have UnleashedX running. I have a backup of the eeprom stored on another computer. I haven't made a recovery CD though.

What do I do to remove the mod and return the XBox to the stock condition.

(this question should probably go in N00b eh?

#570 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(eobiont @ Dec 21 2005, 06:19 AM) View Post

Is there a tutorial or instructions someplace about removing this software?

I used this exploit and have UnleashedX running. I have a backup of the eeprom stored on another computer. I haven't made a recovery CD though.

What do I do to remove the mod and return the XBox to the stock condition.

(this question should probably go in N00b eh?

reload the save again and select it from the menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users