Photo

Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#61 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:00 AM

The Ndure method, as implemented by kingroach's 2.x and krayzie's 1.x, has been used on XBL for about a month now, without incident.

The original method (as implemented by Cio, kingroach's 1.x and ipodder2003) has been on XBL for even longer, without incident.

(Ndure includes 'rmenhal' in its name to commemorate almost everything that resulted in it ... http://forums.xbox-s...owtopic=392536)

#62 JustOne

JustOne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:51 AM

I installed the softmod and the dual-retail and everything went well...but when i boot my xbox with the eject button and go to my xbox live menu, whenever i press on say my friends list, it just goes to a black screen...I tried it on 2 xboxes and it does the same thing.

#63 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(JustOne @ Aug 13 2005, 06:02 AM)
I installed the softmod and the dual-retail and everything went well...but when i boot my xbox with the eject button and go to my xbox live menu, whenever i press on say my friends list, it just goes to a black screen...I tried it on 2 xboxes and it does the same thing.

View Post

you cannot acces the xbox live dashboard in dual retail state. You would have to switch the softmod off if you want to. It's in the readme...

#64 Xboxmodder3690

Xboxmodder3690

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE(Voodoo Child @ Aug 12 2005, 08:06 PM)
How do i turn the led being orange off?

View Post

In Unleash X: Settings-->System-->Scroll down to LED settings.--> Change default to whatever you desire. Cheers! beerchug.gif

I'm not sure how to do it in Evox... sorry

#65 JustOne

JustOne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:59 AM

But it's ok to boot with the eject button and go get updates for games on xbox live right?

#66 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE(JustOne @ Aug 13 2005, 06:10 AM)
But it's ok to boot with the eject button and go get updates for games on xbox live right?

View Post

yes

#67 JustOne

JustOne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:06 AM

Thank you so much for this fantastic installer... It's so simple to use and does everything a chip would do. Thanks

#68 kipsman

kipsman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Repairs__Gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:09 AM

Krazyie, this is an amazing product you have delivered. I accessed the FTP not long after the README was posted and obtained all three+ versions on this. I actually thought for a second there, that I had snuck into your ftp, then later on that day I saw your post and realized you did that on purpose. Either way u did a great job kudos!
Now for my ?'s in regards to this...When i coldboot retail Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike and login to XBL it tells me it cant login and then asks if id like to troubleshoot settings. Once I hit ok to troubleshoot it then begins to update the dash. I think to fix the connection aspect of this problem I need to set the dash to STATIC in both MS Dash, installer dash, as well as the Installed dash. I say this because part of the README says this, but i admit im a little confoozed. Any help would be most appreciated! and again Thank You !

#69 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:21 AM

If you need a static ip: go to your dashboard (evox or unleashx) go to settings and set your network stuff to whatever you need . then load up your exploitable game and go the the softmod menu and then go to settings and set your netwoirk stuff also. Now all stages in where you come across will have the right network settings so you should be able to keep those settings all the way through.

#70 Lamer123

Lamer123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Games
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:09 AM

Does it matter if you recieve dash updates from ms with this softmod ??

Judging by how this works it shouldn't but I just wan't conformation .

#71 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:11 AM

it won't affect the softmod

#72 leorimolo

leorimolo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:22 AM

just added to xbins

#73 ephesith

ephesith

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

quick question(s) for Krayzie/others.

#1 Does or possibly CAN the ndure/sceee installer that you have designed have the ability to uninstall the softmod and reinstall the softmod without the exploitable game? I know the app is designed to turn it on or off. If not (which I am suspecting) CAN the app be tweaked for this, or would the portion of code that you need from the exploitable game be to large to fit onto a mem card?

#74 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(ephesith @ Aug 13 2005, 03:51 PM)
quick question(s) for Krayzie/others. 

#1 Does or possibly CAN the ndure/sceee installer that you have designed have the ability to uninstall the softmod and reinstall the softmod without the exploitable game?  I know the app is designed to turn it on or off.  If not (which I am suspecting) CAN the app be tweaked for this, or would the portion of code that you need from the exploitable game be to large to fit onto a mem card?

View Post

None of the EE exploits can have the ability to completely restore the C drive since the EEE itself is located on the C drive. The best you could do is restore the C root to stock so just the dashdata folder contains modded files. The UEEE is worhtless anyway since it denies xblive dashboard acces. So only the SCEEE would be somewhat "usefull" but is way too large to fit on a mem card. But since the files needed for SCEEE are also on a SC disc there could be other possibilities for SC owners.

#75 Minotaur

Minotaur

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

Hi
I was wondering what the procedure was to back up the xbox drive via FTP to do an upgrade (via xboxhdm) with a shadowc enabled like in this softmod. Is there anything I need to know?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users