Photo

Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#1006 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE(rgtaa @ Mar 22 2006, 04:01 AM) View Post

krayzie!
I narrowed down my backup games problem and it seems to happen after i do the krayzie extra's update virtual epprom.
example:
transferred counter strike on the softmodded xbox
played it and it worked
then went to krayzie's extras and updated virtual epprom
and then cold booted xbox and dash works but counter stike gets black screen.
This is the problem I was getting the last week on different games and couldn't narrow down the problem.
Figured I would alert you if you were not aware of this problem.
in the past I would just make my own new virtual epprom but I liked the NEW feature you made ... hope you can figure out what is happening because I really like that NEW feature.
It doesn't happen on all games but I was getting the black screen on enough of the games for me to try to figure out the problem.
p.s. loaded on one of my epproms on the softmod and the game worked again.

thanks I will look into it. You are aware the update virtual eeprom is only to be used after you changed the real eeprom on the chip first right?

#1007 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Old School Sega Saturn Modder & XiaNaiX fan from the PSX mod days.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(krayzie @ Mar 21 2006, 09:41 PM) View Post

thanks I will look into it. You are aware the update virtual eeprom is only to be used after you changed the real eeprom on the chip first right?

Krayzie....

I think many people have been making the assumption that the Update Virtual Eeprom was there to help aid in doing a preinstalled state, for example, copying the actual C drive files onto a PC and using xboxhd with those files to create a premodded state.

then they figure you can just update the virtual eeprom and have it work. in theory, i assumed it could work this way also, but i felt it was overall just a better idea to do a fresh mod each time.

#1008 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

krayzie
Further troubleshooting turned up the problem ... it was the epprom hd drive key I made up for the xbox's that was faulty.

I used all 00000's for the hd key ... figureing it would be easy to remember for multiply xbox's.

What is easist hd key that works that so I can use for multiply xbox's ... 99 percent of games worked with all 0000's but some games will not work with it.

So "update virtual epprom" program was not the problem after all ... but the hd key '000000000000"

#1009 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(rgtaa @ Mar 22 2006, 09:53 AM) View Post

krayzie
Further troubleshooting turned up the problem ... it was the epprom hd drive key I made up for the xbox's that was faulty.

I used all 00000's for the hd key ... figureing it would be easy to remember for multiply xbox's.

What is easist hd key that works that so I can use for multiply xbox's ... 99 percent of games worked with all 0000's but some games will not work with it.

So "update virtual epprom" program was not the problem after all ... but the hd key '000000000000"

yep zeroing out the hdkey is no good and makes some games crash (as they use the hdkey for the saves). I think it's best to use an existing hdkey and not a random one to match other xboxes.
QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Mar 22 2006, 08:52 AM) View Post

Krayzie....

I think many people have been making the assumption that the Update Virtual Eeprom was there to help aid in doing a preinstalled state, for example, copying the actual C drive files onto a PC and using xboxhd with those files to create a premodded state.

then they figure you can just update the virtual eeprom and have it work. in theory, i assumed it could work this way also, but i felt it was overall just a better idea to do a fresh mod each time.

yeah well this would work also.....the update virtual eeprom removes the existing eemprom image and replaces it with a fresh one. So people could indeed use 1 C and E backup and then update virtual eeprom to ensure they have the right file there

Edited by krayzie, 22 March 2006 - 02:57 PM.

#1010 vogel08

vogel08

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:50 PM

I have installed the krayzie installer and everything is working fine. I want to run knoppmyth which I have burnt on a dvd as an iso file. However, the evolutionX dashboard is not reading the disk. Is this possible to do? If not, do I have any alternatives to running knoppmyth with krayzie installed?

#1011 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(vogel08 @ Mar 22 2006, 02:57 PM) View Post

I have installed the krayzie installer and everything is working fine. I want to run knoppmyth which I have burnt on a dvd as an iso file. However, the evolutionX dashboard is not reading the disk. Is this possible to do? If not, do I have any alternatives to running knoppmyth with krayzie installed?

First off, wrong forum.

2nd off, from what i understand, knoppmyth will not load on an xbox, you are looking for myth-TV. though i haven't kept up with this

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 23 March 2006 - 06:45 AM.

#1012 lawdawg0931

lawdawg0931

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:39 AM

Completed the Softmod with Krayzie v1.1 MA exploit, and all went super! Thanks a million Krayzie! I am now trying to get the rescue disc completed just in case. I copied the original contents of C: from E:/backups into the rescue disc folder for C. I also put copies of the TData & UData into their folders as well. Placed a copy of Evox into the dashboard folder and used Quix to create the .iso. My question is what do I do with the Eeprom folder (E:/backups/eeprom)? Is that strickly for backup purposes & it doesn't belong on the .iso? Sorry but I don't understand exactly.

#1013 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:21 AM

you need to copy the eeprom to your pc and keep it safe. the eeprom backup can be very helpfull if other things don't work anymore. You could for example use it with xboxhdm to rebuild your hd at any time without the need of hotswapping.

#1014 vogel08

vogel08

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

Knoppmyth is a frontend that connects to my mythtv running on my linux box. My question isn't really about how to run knoppmyth, it is how to run an .iso file. When ever I try running a dvd with an iso file, the dashboard says it cannot read it. I just want to know if loading a program from an iso is possible and if so, how do I do it. Thanks,

#1015 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(vogel08 @ Mar 24 2006, 03:41 PM) View Post

Knoppmyth is a frontend that connects to my mythtv running on my linux box. My question isn't really about how to run knoppmyth, it is how to run an .iso file. When ever I try running a dvd with an iso file, the dashboard says it cannot read it. I just want to know if loading a program from an iso is possible and if so, how do I do it. Thanks,

you are aware you have to burn the iso as an image right and not as a data disc? anyway for backup/iso problems go to the backups/isos forum

#1016 vogel08

vogel08

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

I am aware that I have to burn it as an iso image, which I have. I probably have been though every tutorial there is on softmoding an xbox. I have found instruction on reading an iso image with every linux softmode hack install beside krayzie installer. I just want to know how to read an iso image with this installer package.

#1017 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

If you burn an image to a disc it's no longer an iso. Burning discs or accessing them is the same on every type of mod. What you installed is totally irrelevant

#1018 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(vogel08 @ Mar 24 2006, 06:41 AM) View Post

Again, the actual questions are as follows:

1. Is Knoppmyth an Xbox executble file (.xbe)?
2. Are you attempting to RUN a disc with a file on it that is named "InsertNameHere.ISO"?
3. Are you formatting the disc above for the xbox?

it *SOUNDS* like you are mixing up your terms, which is a cause for confusion.

an ISO is an IMAGE file. When you burn the IMAGE to disc, the files CONTAINED in the image file get burnt in the way that the image was formatted.

When you burn the IMAGE FILE to disc, the IMAGE FILE gets burnt as a DATA (ISO 9660) disc. You would open the directory on the disc and see "InsertNameHere.ISO" instead of the files contained in the image.

So, to solve all your problems:

1. If Knoppmyth is not an xbox executable file (.xbe), don't bother attempting to run it. You've already failed.
2. If you are burning a disc and you can read that disc in the PC and see "InserNameHere.ISO" instead of "KnoppmythXboxProgram.xbe" (that was an example), then you have created a DATA disc. Start over and burn the image with Alcohol to prevent this mistake.
3. If you burn the disc with Alcohol and find the xbox won't read it, then give up on that file. your ISO image file is NOT meant for use in the xbox. You'll have to format it using Qwix.

EITHER WAY

Krayzie's Installer is about softmodding the xbox itself, NOT about running programs on a softmodded box. You are confusing yourself, and in the process confusing others. Stop what you are doing and go back to the main forums. Look for topics that match what you are asking about (backup creation, programs that run on the xbox, Dashboard forums that tell you if a dashboard can "read and iso file", etc).

If none of this makes any sense to you, please go back to the Newbies forum.

QUOTE(vogel08 @ Mar 24 2006, 08:29 AM) View Post

I am aware that I have to burn it as an iso image, which I have. I probably have been though every tutorial there is on softmoding an xbox. I have found instruction on reading an iso image with every linux softmode hack install beside krayzie installer. I just want to know how to read an iso image with this installer package.

Okay, burning ISO files has NOTHING to do with Krayzie's Installer.

In fact, Krayzie's installer has NOTHING to do with READING ISO files. That would be up to the program you are attempting to read the iso from, most likely the Dashboard you have chosen.

ISO - Internation Standards Organization
ISO File - a SINGLE file that acts like an IMAGE of a Disc that can be burnt using Nero or Alcohol to produce a Disc that would have MANY files on it. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BURN THE ISO *FILE* TO THE DISC, BUT RATHER TO BURN THE ISO *IMAGE* TO THE DISC!!!

Example:

1. I have these files:

Game.file
Game 2.file
Game.xbx

2. I create and ISO of those files. The file is named Game.iso, and now in that folder i have this:

Game.iso

Wrong Way
3. I burn the "Game.iso" file to a disc by dragging and dropping to Nero. I can also add my MP3 Collection:

Game.iso
MP3.mp3
MP32.mp3

4. I choose "Burn" in Nero and when i put the disc in, i get directory like this:

Game.iso
MP3.mp3
MP32.mp3

This is what it sounds like you are trying to do!!!

Right Way
3. I burn the Game.iso image to a disc using Alcohol or Image Wizard or DVD Decrypter. I can't add any extra files.

Game.iso

4b. I choose Burn in Alcohol and get a disc that has a directory like this:

Game.file
Game 2.file
Game.xbx

This is what you are supposed to get

Instructions:

Create or Select the iso to burn.
Make certain you know what the image is supposed to run on (xbox iso images have to be formulated in a special way)
Using Alcohol, choose BURNING WIZARD.
Select your ISO FILE
BURN away. Be sure to use DVD-R media for best compatiblity with the Xbox.

upon completion, if your ISO file was meant for the xbox, the xbox will load the disc. If it wasn't, you need to go back to burning school.

SPECIAL NOTE:

If the iso image is supposed to be dvd movie, i have found that Xbox Media Center can play ISO files directly.

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 24 March 2006 - 08:30 PM.

#1019 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

Double posted

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 24 March 2006 - 08:30 PM.

#1020 lawdawg0931

lawdawg0931

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:33 PM

Installed DVDx2 through the extras disc & am having a question regarding parental settings. Sorry, I'm sure this has been covered - I saw many posted questions, but no good answers. Every disc I put in gives me a parental settings warning. It asks if I want to play - yes or no. How can I get rid of this annoying screen please. Also, XBMC seems to have trouble reading DVD movies as well. It has a Samsung drive, which usually is the better one to have. Is this specific to the non-chipped xbox vs chipped?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users