Photo

Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#1201 abubu

abubu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

I have take out the disc and reboot couple times but still blank screen. And at that time even insert game disc will not play (have to insert the disc when boot)

I deleted all the game saves, include exploited ones, by the memory menu. And I also updated the dash board to 5960 using XBOX Live. However I am not sure whether there are any other unnecessary game saves, do I need to use ftp to check C:\ and F:\?

My xbox version number:
K: 1.00.4976.02
D: 1.00.5960.01

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Jun 11 2006, 12:37 PM) View Post

That's just it...you sound like you are trying to re-run the mod. Just take out the disc and reboot when you get that blank screen. When you confirm that it doesn't work, we can troubleshoot more.

Also, did you delete the old exploited game saves? Update your box's dash to 5960? get rid of unnessescery game saves and soundtracks?

In my mini FAQ to prep for the mod, i mention that you should read the xbox credits and write down 2 numbers....one set of those numbers is your Kernel. it is suggested that you use kernel spesific fonts with the mod. I never ran into a box that wouldn't work with the generic, however i still suggest switching over to kernel spesific....just match one of the numbers (i belive it is marked with a K) to the number next to the spesific fonts.

#1202 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Old School Sega Saturn Modder & XiaNaiX fan from the PSX mod days.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(abubu @ Jun 11 2006, 01:00 PM) View Post

I have take out the disc and reboot couple times but still blank screen. And at that time even insert game disc will not play (have to insert the disc when boot)

I deleted all the game saves, include exploited ones, by the memory menu. And I also updated the dash board to 5960 using XBOX Live. However I am not sure whether there are any other unnecessary game saves, do I need to use ftp to check C:\ and F:\?

My xbox version number:
K: 1.00.4976.02
D: 1.00.5960.01

Well, i don't suggest updating via Xbox Live....id do it via Slayer's if possible.

What i'd do from this point is get slayers and use Qwix or something similar to extract the files. take the C drive folder from the All directory. That should be dash 5960. Get the exploit running, but don't go any further with it.

BE VERY CAREFUL HERE!!

Use the FTP and wipe out the Backups Directory and anything else besides UDATA and TDATA in the e drive. Wipe out all of the C drive as well.
Copy over the CONTENTS of the C folder from your hard drive into the C drive.

This should return your system to stock.

Now, one last time - repeat EVERYTHING from the begining.....delete any and all game saves you have on your PC that have to do with the installer and get a 100% fresh copy of the package for Spliner Cell......make sure you download only the official installer 1.1 from the Usual Places. Update it only with the update kit mentioned in Krayzie's Sig. I know it's a hassle, but it helps eliminate things that we don't know 100%.....i've seen krayzie's installer in other places, and i suspect you may have gotten a bad copy of it.

Now, if it STILL doesn't work after that, attempt to use Kernel Spesific Fonts. your kernel is 4976

#1203 Duke(LOD)

Duke(LOD)

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:15 AM

Hello all, a real noob here when it comes to the softmod. My problem is: I guy did a softmod on my xbox, I thought I would upgrade the hdd myself. Put in 200gb hdd and used xboxhdm, I boot up with the new hdd and the M$ dash boots, works fine. If i put in splinter cell it takes me to a unleashX screen, I can ftp to my pc and all that. Now, to get my xbox back to boot to evox, do i have to get it soft modded again or can i ftp some files over to the box. I don't have a AR or a mem card. I think the OG softmod was done with your stuff Krayzie, in the unleashX screen, if i leave it for some time, krayzie tools bounces around the screen. Any help would be great, and please tell me like i'm 5, lol.
Bios Ver. 1.6
K = 5838
D = 5960

Edited by Duke(LOD), 12 June 2006 - 04:25 AM.

#1204 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(Duke(LOD) @ Jun 11 2006, 08:22 PM) View Post

Hello all, a real noob here when it comes to the softmod. My problem is: I guy did a softmod on my xbox, I thought I would upgrade the hdd myself. Put in 200gb hdd and used xboxhdm, I boot up with the new hdd and the M$ dash boots, works fine. If i put in splinter cell it takes me to a unleashX screen, I can ftp to my pc and all that. Now, to get my xbox back to boot to evox, do i have to get it soft modded again or can i ftp some files over to the box. I don't have a AR or a mem card. I think the OG softmod was done with your stuff Krayzie, in the unleashX screen, if i leave it for some time, krayzie tools bounces around the screen. Any help would be great, and please tell me like i'm 5, lol.
Bios Ver. 1.6
K = 5838
D = 5960

if you *REALLY* have to run Evox, find the latest versions from the Usual Places. Make a backup of your current dashboard folder (E:\Dashboard) and place that folder in the Apps folder. This gives you a way to go back to UnleashX at any point.

Do the following WITHOUT rebooting your system

Extract Evox to it's own folder, name that folder Dashboard, and ftp the folder over to your xbox E:\

however....

Evox, to me, is outdated, and there is nothing in Evox that i can see that isn't in another program that has better features, etc, with the exception of Eeprom backup, which Krayzie's forces you to do anyway. You are better off sticking with UnleashX or XBMC as your dash.

I'd say that you'd do yourself a favor, get the updated installer and do it yourself. it's pretty easy to do if you look around. You are already exploited right now, so it would be nothing to use Qwix to make a DVD-R of the stuff you want.....Evox, updated installer, apps, etc. Use the Extra's folder in the installer package to create it.

#1205 Duke(LOD)

Duke(LOD)

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Jun 12 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

if you *REALLY* have to run Evox, find the latest versions from the Usual Places. Make a backup of your current dashboard folder (E:\Dashboard) and place that folder in the Apps folder. This gives you a way to go back to UnleashX at any point.

Do the following WITHOUT rebooting your system

Extract Evox to it's own folder, name that folder Dashboard, and ftp the folder over to your xbox E:\
however....

Evox, to me, is outdated, and there is nothing in Evox that i can see that isn't in another program that has better features, etc, with the exception of Eeprom backup, which Krayzie's forces you to do anyway. You are better off sticking with UnleashX or XBMC as your dash.

I'd say that you'd do yourself a favor, get the updated installer and do it yourself. it's pretty easy to do if you look around. You are already exploited right now, so it would be nothing to use Qwix to make a DVD-R of the stuff you want.....Evox, updated installer, apps, etc. Use the Extra's folder in the installer package to create it.

Thanx for the help murder of crows, I did what u said, made a backup of E:\dashboard. And then replaced it with evox build 3935, I hope that's the 1 to use. Restarted my xbox and the M$ dash booted up, same as before. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, like i said this is all new to me. I can only ftp my xbox when i have the splinter cell game in and I got through a linux screen, then unleashx comes up, with these options:
switch softmod on/off
remove softmod
restore M$ dash
extras
dashboard settings
I hope that gives u some idea where i'm at, is it hopeless or what, thanx again for the help so far.

#1206 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Duke(LOD) @ Jun 12 2006, 02:25 PM) View Post

Thanx for the help murder of crows, I did what u said, made a backup of E:\dashboard. And then replaced it with evox build 3935, I hope that's the 1 to use. Restarted my xbox and the M$ dash booted up, same as before. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, like i said this is all new to me. I can only ftp my xbox when i have the splinter cell game in and I got through a linux screen, then unleashx comes up, with these options:
switch softmod on/off
remove softmod
restore M$ dash
extras
dashboard settings
I hope that gives u some idea where i'm at, is it hopeless or what, thanx again for the help so far.

it does.....you should re-install the mod. go to the Usual Places and download krayzie's installer for your game. Unzip/Unrar the installer onto your pc. Find Krayzie's 1.1.1 Update kit and update the installer to 1.1.1. Don't rezip the Udata files.

When you are done, there will be some folders, one saying SC Save1 and the other SC Save2. each will have a udata.zip file in them. unzip those files...you will get a UDATA folder each time. Combine the 2 UDATA folders into a single UDATA folder, then ftp that UDATA folder to E:\

While in the FTP, make sure your C drive has the stock files in it....if not, follow the instructions i gave earlier to someone else about making sure your C drive was stock.

When done, go to the xbox and choose "Remove Softmod"

reboot, then re-run the exploit. you should see the proper install screen now.

#1207 Duke(LOD)

Duke(LOD)

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Jun 12 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

it does.....you should re-install the mod. go to the Usual Places and download krayzie's installer for your game. Unzip/Unrar the installer onto your pc. Find Krayzie's 1.1.1 Update kit and update the installer to 1.1.1. Don't rezip the Udata files.

When you are done, there will be some folders, one saying SC Save1 and the other SC Save2. each will have a udata.zip file in them. unzip those files...you will get a UDATA folder each time. Combine the 2 UDATA folders into a single UDATA folder, then ftp that UDATA folder to E:\

While in the FTP, make sure your C drive has the stock files in it....if not, follow the instructions i gave earlier to someone else about making sure your C drive was stock.

When done, go to the xbox and choose "Remove Softmod"

reboot, then re-run the exploit. you should see the proper install screen now.

A murder of crows, ur the man... Thanx for all the help!!! It works great from what I see right now, so u are for sure on my christmas card list, lol. I will mess around with 2marrow and make sure that every thing is working well, and format my F drive, I guess i need a password or some thing. So thanx again, ur help is and was
much appreciated.
And Krazie, thanx for doing what u do, it's great work smile.gif

#1208 thecheat

thecheat

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:06 AM

Need some help just plain getting the memory to the memory card (in the right place), and then i can take it from there. Since the search is down i'm sort of pulling a noob on this one, i have a chipped xbox but that was a hell of a lot easier than this stuff. i just need to know where exactally to exract the files on the memory card, if i need to wipe it (it's used, so i don't know if there are any game saves on it or not). Thanks...
-TheCheat
(don't be an asshole and flame muhaha.gif )

#1209 abubu

abubu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:53 AM

I have restored the xbox to the stock condition (with slayer) and start everything from begining again, however I got the same problem. Still blank screen....:-( SO BAD.

Any other method should I try? I that because my kernel too old (4976).
ALso when I try to swithc to a different font, I can't find the exact match, the closest is like 48xx or 51xx.
I will try the 51xx anyway.

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Jun 11 2006, 02:11 PM) View Post

Well, i don't suggest updating via Xbox Live....id do it via Slayer's if possible.

What i'd do from this point is get slayers and use Qwix or something similar to extract the files. take the C drive folder from the All directory. That should be dash 5960. Get the exploit running, but don't go any further with it.

BE VERY CAREFUL HERE!!

Use the FTP and wipe out the Backups Directory and anything else besides UDATA and TDATA in the e drive. Wipe out all of the C drive as well.
Copy over the CONTENTS of the C folder from your hard drive into the C drive.

This should return your system to stock.

Now, one last time - repeat EVERYTHING from the begining.....delete any and all game saves you have on your PC that have to do with the installer and get a 100% fresh copy of the package for Spliner Cell......make sure you download only the official installer 1.1 from the Usual Places. Update it only with the update kit mentioned in Krayzie's Sig. I know it's a hassle, but it helps eliminate things that we don't know 100%.....i've seen krayzie's installer in other places, and i suspect you may have gotten a bad copy of it.

Now, if it STILL doesn't work after that, attempt to use Kernel Spesific Fonts. your kernel is 4976

#1210 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(Duke(LOD) @ Jun 12 2006, 06:14 PM) View Post

A murder of crows, ur the man... Thanx for all the help!!! It works great from what I see right now, so u are for sure on my christmas card list, lol. I will mess around with 2marrow and make sure that every thing is working well, and format my F drive, I guess i need a password or some thing. So thanx again, ur help is and was
much appreciated.
And Krazie, thanx for doing what u do, it's great work smile.gif

passcode: AYBX

but....if you are using UnleashX as a dash, as you should be, go into the FIle Manager, select the F drive, and hit the WHite button...there is an option to format your drive there.

QUOTE(thecheat @ Jun 12 2006, 08:13 PM) View Post

Need some help just plain getting the memory to the memory card (in the right place), and then i can take it from there. Since the search is down i'm sort of pulling a noob on this one, i have a chipped xbox but that was a hell of a lot easier than this stuff. i just need to know where exactally to exract the files on the memory card, if i need to wipe it (it's used, so i don't know if there are any game saves on it or not). Thanks...
-TheCheat
(don't be an asshole and flame muhaha.gif )

not to be a dick, or an a-hole, but if you go back about 10-12 pages, you will see that i've just about walked thru an installation about 5 times for different people....

1. Get the package for your exploit disc
2. Update to 1.1.1
3. Using the AR software, copy the save(s) to the memory card. the saves are called udata.zip.
4. Follow the guides i posted either on this page or the page back to make sure you
A) Have cleaned out your game saves
cool.gif have cleaned out your un-needed soundtracks
C) Have set your optional settings and time properly
D) have updated the main dash to 5960

run your disc, follow the on-screen instructions, and you've got the basic mod working.

QUOTE(abubu @ Jun 12 2006, 10:00 PM) View Post

I have restored the xbox to the stock condition (with slayer) and start everything from begining again, however I got the same problem. Still blank screen....:-( SO BAD.

Any other method should I try? I that because my kernel too old (4976).
ALso when I try to swithc to a different font, I can't find the exact match, the closest is like 48xx or 51xx.
I will try the 51xx anyway.

Interesting. What is your setup like (TV/Monitor, sound, etc)? What region is your xbox? what game disc are you using to exploit? Did you get the installer from the usual places?

#1211 abubu

abubu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Jun 12 2006, 10:37 PM) View Post

Interesting. What is your setup like (TV/Monitor, sound, etc)? What region is your xbox? what game disc are you using to exploit? Did you get the installer from the usual places?

I am using a TV monitor, RGB output, my XBOX region is 1, and I am using Splinter Cell, which seems load the game exploit no problem, and I used the Krayzie Ndure Installer 1.1.1, which I applied the 1.1.1 patch from another Krayzie's thread, and the 1.1 zip from xbins. (with mIrc)

BTW, my xbox version might be some old, which is like 1.0. Is that a problem??

Edited by abubu, 13 June 2006 - 07:39 AM.

#1212 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(abubu @ Jun 12 2006, 11:39 PM) View Post

I am using a TV monitor, RGB output, my XBOX region is 1, and I am using Splinter Cell, which seems load the game exploit no problem, and I used the Krayzie Ndure Installer 1.1.1, which I applied the 1.1.1 patch from another Krayzie's thread, and the 1.1 zip from xbins. (with mIrc)

BTW, my xbox version might be some old, which is like 1.0. Is that a problem??

How are you using a TV monitor with RGB output? where do you live?

I assume that the xbox region 1 is US, similar to DVD regions.

sounds like you are doing everything right so far.....i'm curious as to what your video settings are in the original (pre-modded) Dashboard.

I'd get a standard (RCA/SVideo) cable and use that in place of RGB for now.

bythe way, when you say "RGB" do you mean:

1. standard analog RGB (SCART) cable that is used in PAL regions
2. Standard analog VGA RGB
3. Japanese analog RGB (DSub) cables
4. US Component Cables (YPbPr)

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 13 June 2006 - 08:03 AM.

#1213 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

@abubu: Have you tried setting a kernel specific font?

#1214 abubu

abubu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Jun 13 2006, 12:09 AM) View Post

How are you using a TV monitor with RGB output? where do you live?

I assume that the xbox region 1 is US, similar to DVD regions.

sounds like you are doing everything right so far.....i'm curious as to what your video settings are in the original (pre-modded) Dashboard.
I'd get a standard (RCA/SVideo) cable and use that in place of RGB for now.

bythe way, when you say "RGB" do you mean:

1. standard analog RGB (SCART) cable that is used in PAL regions
2. Standard analog VGA RGB
3. Japanese analog RGB (DSub) cables
4. US Component Cables (YPbPr)

Hi, A Murder of Crows,
I am living in US. I am using the XBOX High difinition AV Pack, which has three US component port (YPbPr) and two RCA Audio Port (Audio Left, Audio Left). I am connecting the YPbPr to the TV's YPbPr with a Standard RCA cable. And using another RCA cable to connect the audio to TV's RCA audio.
I am curious will this affect the softmod?
My audio setting: Audio Mode: Dobly Surround; Digital Dobly: No; DTS: No
Video settings: Video Mode: Normal, all other: No

QUOTE(krayzie @ Jun 13 2006, 07:04 AM) View Post

@abubu: Have you tried setting a kernel specific font?

Hi Krayzie, I have tried settings at different kernel specific font..my kernel is 4976, I did not find exact match yet but I tried most of the existing ones: 48xx, 51xx, 55xx, 58xx. The difference is that when I tried these fonts, I got a solid green LED and blank screen, instead of orange LED and blank screen.

#1215 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(abubu @ Jun 13 2006, 05:36 PM) View Post

Hi Krayzie, I have tried settings at different kernel specific font..my kernel is 4976.

That isn't an existing retail kernel. You have a tsop or modchip installed or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users