Photo

Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#1351 7raoul7

7raoul7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:37 AM

Okay I really need some help. And I am a noob. So, I basically just bought a used (ebgames refurb) xbox with the sole intent of running XBMC. Using the XMBC in 30 mins. guide all went well, untill I try to load the dashboard (either evolution or unleash) from the Krayzie installer. It checks the dashboard build and says its okay, but when it checks for the eeeprom backup (which I did), I get a batch failure "action:rename". Ive read through here and it seems this happens when bits of old soft mods are left????? How can I remove them??? An unmodded xbox cant ftp, right?? Cause I cant get flashfxp to connect??? How can I resolve this, alls I want is XBMC, I dont even care about the games. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

#1352 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:01 AM

Once you are in the installer menu you can ftp. you might need to adjust the settings

#1353 7raoul7

7raoul7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

Ohh okay so as long as you are in the installer menu you should be able to ftp... I'm starting fresh now, and can't seem to ftp because of a "timed out" error, what settings would help that? Again sorry for being muy un-informed...

#1354 7raoul7

7raoul7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

Okay I finally got ftp to work. So after I bachup the eeprom, I should see e:\backups\eeprom\backup\eeprom.bin right?? Cause I have backed it up and I dont see this file much less a e:\bachups folder...

OMG I am a complete moron. Thats all I have to say. Thank you.

#1355 FeatherKing

FeatherKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Krayzie i was wondering if youve had any problems loading trainers from your 1.1 Ndure installer? I cannot get them to load (although the loading process appears to complete fine) See my post (XBMC forum) here --> http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=542573

Basically,

Im using your Ndure 1.1, I replaced UnleashX with XBMC and i used the XBMC feature context menu that will find and update your trainers and i have my games installed on the hard drive. Everything else about your exploit works fine, and honestly, i dont even know if this is related to your exploit at all..

Ive looked on several different forums, ive posted in the XBMC forums to no avail. As a last resort i thought i would try an answer straight from the horses mouth.

Are there any steps i can do to correct this? Has something been corrupted somewhere. As i said, the whole trainer process seems to complete just fine. Ive tried the maxconsole forums, and many more searching for the answer. But im at a loss. I'd like to think ive cleared n00b status but if there is something im missing, please let me know!

-Featherking

#1356 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Old School Sega Saturn Modder & XiaNaiX fan from the PSX mod days.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(FeatherKing @ Aug 25 2006, 10:48 AM) View Post
Krayzie i was wondering if youve had any problems loading trainers from your 1.1 Ndure installer? I cannot get them to load (although the loading process appears to complete fine) See my post (XBMC forum) here --> http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=542573

Basically,

Im using your Ndure 1.1, I replaced UnleashX with XBMC and i used the XBMC feature context menu that will find and update your trainers and i have my games installed on the hard drive. Everything else about your exploit works fine, and honestly, i dont even know if this is related to your exploit at all..

Ive looked on several different forums, ive posted in the XBMC forums to no avail. As a last resort i thought i would try an answer straight from the horses mouth.

Are there any steps i can do to correct this? Has something been corrupted somewhere. As i said, the whole trainer process seems to complete just fine. Ive tried the maxconsole forums, and many more searching for the answer. But im at a loss. I'd like to think ive cleared n00b status but if there is something im missing, please let me know!

-Featherking

This would have nothing to do with krayzie's installer.

check your version of XBMC. I know that the last GasGiver version from april had trainers built in from that time period.

Id say, go back to using UnleashX as a dash and run XBMC as an app. XBMC team has stated that their program is not meant to be a dashboard, and that the running of code (aka Apps, emulators, etc) was "Tacked on" as an afterthought.

make notes of your settings, scripts, etc in XBMC, delete all versions of the game save data for XBMC, remove XBMC entirely, Clear your cache, get the latest T3CH version, and reinstall

and while you are doing this maintenence, try to update to krayzie's 1.1.1

#1357 FeatherKing

FeatherKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

I had just updated to the 8-22-06 T3CH release, i was on a BlingBling release (i think it was 08-06-06) and i was having the same problem with the trainers. I just barely updated to the new T3CH release. This is how i updated: Backed Up E:/Dashboard/UserData to pc, Deleted E:/Dashboard on XBOX, Copied new T3CH XBMC to E:/Dashboard on XBOX, Copied from pc my backed up E:/Dashboard/UserData

I believe this is the correct procedure (based on my reading) for upgrading. I am just not really a fan of the UnleashX dash.. Perhaps i should copy the original UserData from the T3CH release and overwrite my previous directory?

It seems that others have gotten these trainers to work in XBMC, and as i stated in my other post - Ive even tried using Team Xored's Mini Launcher from Within XBMC and tried loading the trainers that way.. It does the same thing, light turns green then orange (presumably indicating a successful loading of the trainer) and then the game comes on (game copied to HD) and the trainers dont work?!

Any other ideas? Im not at my box ATM but i will try the UnleashX when i get home and see if that gets the job done

#1358 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(FeatherKing @ Aug 25 2006, 11:44 AM) View Post
I had just updated to the 8-22-06 T3CH release, i was on a BlingBling release (i think it was 08-06-06) and i was having the same problem with the trainers. I just barely updated to the new T3CH release. This is how i updated: Backed Up E:/Dashboard/UserData to pc, Deleted E:/Dashboard on XBOX, Copied new T3CH XBMC to E:/Dashboard on XBOX, Copied from pc my backed up E:/Dashboard/UserData

I believe this is the correct procedure (based on my reading) for upgrading. I am just not really a fan of the UnleashX dash.. Perhaps i should copy the original UserData from the T3CH release and overwrite my previous directory?

It seems that others have gotten these trainers to work in XBMC, and as i stated in my other post - Ive even tried using Team Xored's Mini Launcher from Within XBMC and tried loading the trainers that way.. It does the same thing, light turns green then orange (presumably indicating a successful loading of the trainer) and then the game comes on (game copied to HD) and the trainers dont work?!

Any other ideas? Im not at my box ATM but i will try the UnleashX when i get home and see if that gets the job done

Don't try updating. Make *NOTE* of your settings, and start 100% fresh. keep the backup of your settings safe, but don't use it at first...just re-create your settings from scratch and delete and re-install EVERYTHING and see what it does for you. From what i understand, T3CH and Bling are different builds, by different people at different times, so settings from one may not work with the other, and vice versa. Also, the builds may be different from each other in other ways....one may use settings that the other doesn't have, etc, as i found when i updated from GasGiver 2006-04-19 to T3CH 2006-07-24

Always best to start 100% fresh with XBMC, unless you are using the same person's build every time. Because of this, and the constant updating, it is MHO that XBMC is not up to being a dashboard yet. I like how customizable UnleashX is personally, as well as a lot of it's features...it's a solid dashboard and does what it needs to....not perfect, but at least it's stable smile.gif

#1359 mmoore5553

mmoore5553

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:46 PM

what is the newest version for krayzie ndure ?

#1360 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:25 PM

1.1.1 (using the ad on update kit found in my sig)

#1361 mmoore5553

mmoore5553

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:36 PM

is there a way to get the newest dashboard ..i cant get the xbox live to work ? not sure why ?

also if i wanted to delete everything on drive so i can start over how do i get rid of the virtual drive ?

#1362 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(mmoore5553 @ Aug 29 2006, 10:43 AM) View Post
is there a way to get the newest dashboard ..i cant get the xbox live to work ? not sure why ?

also if i wanted to delete everything on drive so i can start over how do i get rid of the virtual drive ?

1. Use your retail copy of a newer live enabled game. Halo 2, Sid Meier's Pirates, and Dead or Alive Ultimate all work for me

2. Xbox Live is enabled via coldboot. Place your ORIGINAL Live enabled game in the tray, turn off the power, turn it back on via the small button. You must already have a live account, and you must only use original game discs.

3. Using the Krayzie Installer Package for your chosen exploit disc, unrar/unzip the package and find the Rescue Disc folder. Follow the instructions to make a properly working rescue disc. Alternately, you can just completely remove the softmod via the Exploited Game Save already found on your drive.

4. When starting over, be sure to use Krayzie's 1.1.1.

To Krayzie
----------

I've begun work on the updated version of your installer:

Changes since Krayzie's 1.1

Updated mod core to 1.1.1 base
Updated/corrected spelling and grammar errors. Clarified language
Renamed "Basic Installation" to "Full Installation"
Changed positions of dash choices so UnleashX was the default

Still to do:
Update UnleashX xbe file to latest version
Update DVDX xbe file to hex edited auto progressive scan version
Rename/reorder the "Extras" menu to differenciate between Extras and Advanced Extras.
Beta Test the install

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 29 August 2006 - 11:00 PM.

#1363 Rearete

Rearete

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

can someone please tell me how to create the rescue disk unsure.gif

#1364 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE(Rearete @ Sep 2 2006, 09:09 PM) View Post
can someone please tell me how to create the rescue disk unsure.gif

Unzip the whole package
update to 1.1.1
rezip the saves

the rescue disc package will be there. follow the instructions included. for C, use a clean 5960 dashboard.

#1365 Rearete

Rearete

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

Sorry but I'm a bit of a noob. am I suposed to ftp the files from my xbox to my computer? Do the folders already exist or am i supposed to create the files. please use simple terms this was actually my first time to mod my xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users