Photo

Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#1456 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

It should be right there on the E drive in the location you named. Try to refresh your ftp client.

#1457 dj_ooms

dj_ooms

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

I have tried 3 FTP programs, FireFTP, FlashFXP and IE. I can not see the backup folder from these FTP programs, though I can see the folder if I use the File Explorer in UnleashX.

Also though I do not know if this is related, whenever I FTP an application over to the E:\Apps folder, the program is copied across and is know listed in the Applications in UnleashX upons reboot, but always crashes the system when trying to run any FTP'd apps. The apps installed from CASH v1.1 work fine though. What could be causing this.

I'd be much appreciated for any help.

#1458 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

Strange situation. something must be messed up in your network environment.

#1459 WBShark

WBShark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:31 AM

The installer went great, just one thing, I never went to the settings menu how do I get back there to change some settings like screen calibration?

#1460 Turbe

Turbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:41 AM

Hi,

What is the latest NDURE Version? I had downloaded a version that I thought said 2.0. In the readme within the rar, it states "Krayzie_MA_Ndure_Installer_v1.0".

I would like to upgrade this, but I want to verify the current version number. I saw that you have a 1.1.1 updater, but it appears I have to have 1.1 installed.

I do have 1.0 and XBMC installed and working, however I am having problems with HD resolutions (grainy menus and videos in HD rez).

I see that there is a CASH 1.1 that appears will upgrade to NDURE 1.1... is this correct?

Basically, what is the current version and where is it available (if you can use the link in the forum)?

Edited by Turbe, 06 January 2007 - 04:45 AM.

#1461 Turbe

Turbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(DaFilthee @ Jan 24 2006, 04:07 PM) View Post

Yep, that's what did it. It worked fine with the standard RCA cables.

Thanks.

I am curious why the HD Pack would make a difference?

I too have an original v1 xbox with the HD pack. When I installed NDURE (1.0 it looks like) I had the xbox connected to a SD TV with the standard A/V cables and of course had no problems with the install. After I installed NDURE and XBMC 2.01 I switch to one of my HD LCD's displays using the M$ HD Pack. When in HD resolutions, the quality is not what it should be, it is like it is not scaling the fonts/graphics/video right in 720p - fuzzy, blurry whatever... And yes I did go the the M$ Dash and set it for Widescreen and all HD resolutions (to yes)....

I am wondering if this is some how related to my problem (or maybe virtual eeprom) since I installed NDURE when I had the xbox set to a SD display.

QUOTE(krayzie @ Jan 24 2006, 08:00 AM) View Post

does it have strange video cables/settings?

oops, forgot to add this quote to my last reply...

#1462 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Members
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:27 AM

The exploit and video should work fine with hd resoulitions and cables. The quote you are referring to is because the Splinter cell exploit itself which is needed to get the Ndure exploit installed can hang/load to a black screen with some of the third party hd cables. Once it's installed it shouldn't be an issue.

The current latest version is 1.1.1 which is 1.1 plus and ad on upgrader which makes ot 1.1.1

2.0 is not out there are however some packages out there labeled 2.0 but that is faulty and I don't now the morons who did that.
I recommend getting your xbox software on xbins like anyone else simce it's one of the few reliable sources out there.

#1463 Turbe

Turbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something, though I thought 1.1.1 was the latest after reading this forum. Can I use your 1.1.1 updater to update my 1.0 install or do I need to upgrade to 1.1 first (unless I use CASH 1.1)....?

I'm going to move my xbox to another room with another hd lcd and try new cables. Something is not right, my display is showing a 720p (or 1080i if I set this) signal from my xbox (1.0 version), but the menus and videos are not clear (even DVD). I also loaded NDURE (1.0) from the MA Gamesave and that menu looks terrible as well at 720p (I double checked the settings there too).

I think I will post a pic of the NDURE Menu eventually... further testing is needed now though...

Edited by Turbe, 06 January 2007 - 05:53 PM.

#1464 Turbe

Turbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

Ok, I'm updated to 1.1.1.... I didn't see the update 1.0 in your 1.1 install.

Now time for me to figure out my HD quality issues...

#1465 BigHairyDave

BigHairyDave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:51 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but anyhoo...

I have a modded (Xcecuter 3) xbox and an unmodded crystal xbox.

My question is can I softmod the crystal xbox by changing drives and running some tool or script or do I have to follow the already well documented savegame method (I don't currently have one of the needed games) ?

My guess will be no because I think the only way to back up the EEPROM from the crystal xbox will be via a savegame exploit.

Dave

#1466 skpyo

skpyo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

I'm a totally newbie, trying to softmod my new xbox and need your help - I'm stuck from the very beginning.

Here is my situation.
I copied the MA savefile (Krayzie_MA_Ndure_Installer_v1.1 I got from THE reliable source myself) to my xbox hd. I ran MA and selected 'Run Linux' as my profile.

Then the game asks what mission to choose without any list of missions.
I just clicked 'A and screen started flickering for ever without doing nothing.
After waiting for 20 minutes, I turned off and re-on the box and found nothing changes (seemingly) - e.g., game works fine and original dash comes up... but not modded. I tried several times and same things happened.

What's worng with this situation? What should I do? Please guide me... Thanks in advance.
(FYI, my kernel version is 5838 and dash version is 5960.)

#1467 skpyo

skpyo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(skpyo @ Jan 13 2007, 06:38 PM) View Post

I'm a totally newbie, trying to softmod my new xbox and need your help - I'm stuck from the very beginning.

Here is my situation.
I copied the MA savefile (Krayzie_MA_Ndure_Installer_v1.1 I got from THE reliable source myself) to my xbox hd. I ran MA and selected 'Run Linux' as my profile.

Then the game asks what mission to choose without any list of missions.
I just clicked 'A and screen started flickering for ever without doing nothing.
After waiting for 20 minutes, I turned off and re-on the box and found nothing changes (seemingly) - e.g., game works fine and original dash comes up... but not modded. I tried several times and same things happened.

What's worng with this situation? What should I do? Please guide me... Thanks in advance.
(FYI, my kernel version is 5838 and dash version is 5960.)

I copied files again and now it works. Thanks anyway.

#1468 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Old School Sega Saturn Modder & XiaNaiX fan from the PSX mod days.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(Turbe @ Jan 5 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post

I am curious why the HD Pack would make a difference?

I too have an original v1 xbox with the HD pack. When I installed NDURE (1.0 it looks like) I had the xbox connected to a SD TV with the standard A/V cables and of course had no problems with the install. After I installed NDURE and XBMC 2.01 I switch to one of my HD LCD's displays using the M$ HD Pack. When in HD resolutions, the quality is not what it should be, it is like it is not scaling the fonts/graphics/video right in 720p - fuzzy, blurry whatever... And yes I did go the the M$ Dash and set it for Widescreen and all HD resolutions (to yes)....

I am wondering if this is some how related to my problem (or maybe virtual eeprom) since I installed NDURE when I had the xbox set to a SD display.

at this point, i would suggest a re-mod

Get a fresh copy of the 1.1 installer.
upgrade to 1.1.1
Wipe out the old mod
delete the old game saves
install the new game saves
make 100% sure dash is clean 5960
delete any and all unnessecary game save data and sound tracks
Set your time, region, language
Using the HD pack and M$ dash, enable all video modes compatible with your monitor (i enable all in mods, and then set UnleashX to not display ones i do not want it using).

Remember that some of the exploits MAY have issues with 720p. I found that splinter cell does not like 720p enabled by itself in the dash, and doesn't like 720p and 480p enabled at the same time....eith just 480p or all 3 enabled are the only ways to go.

Hold down both triggers and "Click" both thumbsticks to enable 480p in M$ dash. Compare between 480i and 480p to make sure....text should be much more crisp and sharp.

While doing all this, set up your audio also. Again, i enable everything, and change settings as needed elsewhere.

This should get you petty well set the way i do things as a base point.
Mod your box

#1469 Starlite

Starlite

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

A Murder of Crows and maybe Krayzie a little too

I'm not necessarily a noob at soft modding but I certainly have never done any advanced work.

I just spent about 8+ hours reading through all 98 pages of this thread in the hopes of finding an answer to my question. I may have skimmed in some places but I'm confident the answer to my question was not directly answered already. I have definitely learned a lot, but the only mention of anything close to what I'm interested in is in the following discussion between the two of you.

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ May 10 2006, 03:19 PM) View Post

So....the default.xbe that is used as the first menu in the installer isn't UnleashX? Same for the Extras? I was going to go thru the whole package and use the newest UnleashX version, if for no other reason than because it was slightly smaller.

QUOTE(Krayzie @ May 10 2006, 10:42 PM) View Post

@A Murder of Crows: there is only one unleashx inside each folder (gamesave installer, Extras and Rescue disc. Within those folder various parts and xml's are copied/renamed to make the menu look different throughout and after the installation.

For reference these quotes are taken from a discussion that started in post 1111 on page 75 if you want to go back and jog your memories.

With that said, now I'll get to my question. Did you ever succeed in getting the most current version of UnleashX into the installer? If so may I ask how? I am mostly interested in doing to better understanding the inner workings of the package and to gain some experience working inside these files. Was it as simple as replacing all instances of the related files with the updated ones?

This leads to my major question which is for both A Murder of Crows and Krayzie. Is it possible to replace the dashboards located in the installer for ones of my choosing? I realize since the package is written in UnleashX scripts it would be difficult to replace that one, but what about replacing Evolution X, maybe with Avalaunch or XBMC 2.0? I guess the biggest thing is that I assume all the Dashboard files are easily located within the file structure of the package itself and not tucked away in some executable that would require some sort of decompiling or anything, is that true?

On a lighter note I have a couple of other questions I couldn't find a reference too.

Will this work on all Xbox versions?

Can I play backup games on Xbox live?

And @A Murder of Crows, I'm having trouble getting my mod to work with my version 0.9456 Xbox and 18TB HDD can you post that tutorial of yours on how to do it for the 1,000,000th time? wink.gif

Thanks in advance for all the help guys
IT should also be obvious by now that the answers to the last three questions are really not required.

Star

#1470 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Old School Sega Saturn Modder & XiaNaiX fan from the PSX mod days.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(Starlite @ Jan 18 2007, 01:30 PM) View Post

This leads to my major question which is for both A Murder of Crows and Krayzie. Is it possible to replace the dashboards located in the installer for ones of my choosing? I realize since the package is written in UnleashX scripts it would be difficult to replace that one, but what about replacing Evolution X, maybe with Avalaunch or XBMC 2.0? I guess the biggest thing is that I assume all the Dashboard files are easily located within the file structure of the package itself and not tucked away in some executable that would require some sort of decompiling or anything, is that true?

Yes, i did. seek ye Krayzie's NDure 1.1.1 AMOC edition, beta 1. Only a handful ever got it, but it does have the last version of UnleashX available....this isn't really a good thing, though, as there were a LOT of oddball bugs i was finding...i myself am testing out the version BEFORE the last to see if it any more stable...so far, i've found only one key combo that crashes it...but with work on UX seeming to be over, i doubt anyone will ever get the fixes.

Evox is not replaceable in the 1.X series as it is what is used to make a backup of your eeprom. However, you CAN follow the instructions in the 1.1.X packages to make an extras disc and within the extras, install your own emulators.

the easy answer is this: No, you can't replace them in the installer, except with newer versions that are still compatible with the same function calls/scripting, not only because they are needed, but also because, in the case of XBMC, they are too big to fit on a memory card/action replay.

On a lighter note I have a couple of other questions I couldn't find a reference too.

Will this work on all Xbox versions?

Yes, though occasionally you may find that you will need to reformat the hard drive to make things work 100% correctly...generally a problem that has happened BEFORE the mod was installed

Can I play backup games on Xbox live?

i'll save you the trip to the Online forums this one time.......Is it possible? probably, but not with this mod. It is not condoned on any level, however, and if you get banned, its your own fault.

And @A Murder of Crows, I'm having trouble getting my mod to work with my version 0.9456 Xbox and 18TB HDD can you post that tutorial of yours on how to do it for the 1,000,000th time? wink.gif

No problem.

Take your xbox in both hands. slam said xbox against your forehead. repeat until the xbox glows with unearthly light when you look at it. Your xbox, and probably your forehead, are now considered modded.

I honestly answered the first 2 questions because i feel it is pretty legit...there have been a lot of questions regarding versions.

the 2nd answer about the backups is also somewhat valid in the light of the samsung firmware mods.

the last, well, now you are being silly.

take care

A Murder of Crows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users