• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steezy

steezy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, technology, computers, xbox, skateboarding, halo, art, alot of stuff....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:19 AM

I just got a new 60 gig maxtor Hdd (and im kinda a noob at certain things so bare with me) because my old Hdd is broken and now when i try to turn on the xbox it takes me to a screen saying my xbox needs service just as it did with my broken one. I have a smartxx SLE w/ USA solderless adapter on the way, but i might just solder it. Anyways, what can i do to get this new hdd working with my xbox until i get my mod? I have been trying to get this box fixed for about 5 months now:( Oh and i have a new xbox thats like almost a year old, if that helps at all, i just wanna know how i can get my old box up and going (and maybe even without the mod) and i have done alot of reading and nothing answers my Q?. Thanks a ton all

#2 nirvanafan

nirvanafan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:27 AM

You cant really do anything with it till you get your chip, if you cant access the dash or games then you cant do a softmod which means you cant even have a remote chance of swapping HDD's, so just wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users