#1 linkycat

linkycat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:46 AM

Hey folks

Is there a way using FTP, and FTP only to restore your system to an "original" state? IE - no use of the DVD drive, and no dashboard?

With only FTP access, is there way to extract a default C-drive somehow and paste over all of the files on the box - without having a backup EEPROM, or any disc access.

Any ideas or suggestions are, as always, very appreciated!

Thanks

#2 xmedia2004

xmedia2004

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Pissing on the StatusQuo
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:59 AM

Since you backed up your C and E: partitions to your PC
you can reinstall them via FTP.

I assume you DVD drive is toast or near toast...

#3 linkycat

linkycat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:41 AM

the problem was a softmod install was unsalvagable and made a ton of "OS" errors, even Krayzie himself said to just toast it and start over.

But because we never got past the install, and the OS is messed anyway, there are no backups of this system.

I have another XBOX that was successfully softmodded and backed up - could I use any files from there?

Thanks

#4 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:31 AM

you can use files from the other xbox. do you still have FTP access to the messed up xbox? if so, copy the C and E drives from the already modded xbox and after deleting everything except TDATA and UDATA from the messed up xbox, transfer everything (except TDATA and UDATA) from the working softmodded xbox.

was the working xbox modded with krayzie's? if so, you'll have a virtual eeprom file from the other xbox. this can cause problems playing system link with the other xbox. to solve this, look around on the E drive (i think it may be in the shadowc folder) for an eeprom.bin file. delete it. you'll need to do this after disabling nkpatcher. you can use a biosloader and a different bios to accomplish this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users