#1 tmowr250

tmowr250

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:59 AM

Ok so my eeprom got banned from xbox live on my softmodded xbox (funny i didnt play on live with my modifications but whatever). My generous friend let me grab his eeprom so i did. My xbox is a v1.6 and his is an earlier version. I switched it using ConfigMagic (it said i could use an eeprom from a different version) I followed the instructions and it was successful and turned off my xbox. When I turned it back on the fan was somewhat loud then got quieter but there was no visual on the screen and the dvd drive would not open. So, i decided to fix it by taking out my xbox harddrive and hook it up to my computer. The xboxhdm program had no trouble finding my xbox. I tested several things to try and fix it: Returning the old eeprom, locking and unlocking the harddrive, restoring the c-partition, building a new hd from scratch (and i did backup my xbox files to my comp and put them on the boot cd), and none of these seem to work... anyone have any suggestions... ? my backup files are softmodded dashboard and stuff but i thought this would work.

I really don't want to buy a new xbox... uhh.gif

#2 Kev102189

Kev102189

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Video games (duh!)<br />Motorcycles
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:26 AM

Did the same thing not too long ago, only I have a chip. Although I had different intentions, I also found that older eeproms do not work in 1.6s. Even if they did, they would not work for xbox live. Your 1.6 eeprom is encoded differently from your cousins eeprom, and now you don't really have any way of changing it. I did the exact same thing, so I found someone (perplexer) who'd sell me the eeprom chip itself, flashed with an unbanned eeprom. I'm guessing you'll have to do the same thing, although you'll need a backup of the eeprom you're buying, so you can use xboxhdm. Once you get the eeprom chip, you'll need to unsolder the old one, and install the eeprom chip from a 1.6. I can't guarantee this will work, I haven't tried it yet, but I don't know any way of getting a 1.6 eeprom flashed onto your eeprom chip. I take that back, I've heard if you have a chip with a programmer you can reflash the bios with the eeprom imbedded into it. I haven't looked into this at all, because I don't have a programmer.

Kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users