Chamrock

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

I get really pissed once I saw this piece of news! Seems MS are trying to dictate whatever they like to earn money by a shady way. I hope their lame security circuits will be cracked so will could use whatever we like. It should be our damn right to have the possibility to use 3rd devices in the manner we want such as memory cards and storage devices. Products like SmartFrax and other cool products could be blocked because MS are tarded assholes! Let chip this bastard soon!!!!

#2 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:53 PM

This is more than likely a temporary thing.
But I do wonder if this is even going to help M$ in the long run.

I know one thing for sure, expect Sony to do the same thing since they'll be taking a bigger hit with the higher hardware production cost of the PS3.

Edited by miggidy, 11 August 2005 - 06:55 PM.

#3 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:00 PM

whining about greedy aholes yet he will support them and buy one.

never ceases to amaze me. There will be some 3rd party.

http://news.teamxbox...sories-License/

Yesterday, C|Net revealed that the Mad Catz license agreement limits the manufacturing on the type of controllers Mad Catz can make. Mad Catz can only manufacture corded controllers, while MS itself is making wireless controllers. The Mad Catz license agreement also excludes light guns, memory units, hard drives and cheat cards. Licensed Xbox 360 accessories from Mad Catz include game pads, steering wheels, arcade sticks, flight sticks and dance pads.

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:27 PM

I very rarely buy 3rd party devices anyway so... I could really care less laugh.gif

In any case it ensures that 3rd party devices will be of a certain quality, as MS wont allow just any old crap.

Though you all seem to be forgetting that the USB drive is still open to any old mass storage device. rolleyes.gif

#5 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

So true....
I never buy 3rd party controllers, I learned my lesson back in my Sega Genesis days. And I was bitch slapped for forgetting about it after buying 3rd party controllers for the N64 laugh.gif

Light guns and arcade sticks are barely supported by console manufacturers, so that I will miss. But even then, a USB adapter will suit my Street Figher 15th Anniversary collectors arcade sticks just fine biggrin.gif

#6 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

It's not like there won't be ANY 3rd party options. MS is simply asking for a royalty and quality control (pun intended laugh.gif). I never buy 3rd party controllers because the quality control is fairly lax. Maybe this will convince me otherwise. Also, remember that MS subsidized many game development companies to entice them to program for the 360... so before you go off on your rant about how much death you wish on MS, think about this: They can't keep making Xboxes if they don't make money. rolleyes.gif

#7 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Aug 11 2005, 03:13 PM)
so before you go off on your rant about how much death you wish on MS, think about this:  They can't keep making Xboxes if they don't make money. rolleyes.gif

Really, I forgot they made billions before the xbox was even spoke of rolleyes.gif

#8 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Aug 11 2005, 05:16 PM)
Really, I forgot they made billions before the xbox was even spoke of rolleyes.gif

View Post

now youre being silly

please dont say because they make billions every 3 months that they should give the systems away

blink.gif

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

#9 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:24 PM

please dont say because they make billions every 3 months that they should give the systems away

Why Not?

$200 for an OS....the only OS(If you want compatabillity)...they've got every office building in the world on lock, and they're aiming for your living room.

#10 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Aug 11 2005, 05:35 PM)
Why Not?

$200 for an OS....the only OS(If you want compatabillity)...they've got every office building in the world on lock, and they're aiming for your living room.

View Post

oh

my

goodness

#11 hardcandy

hardcandy

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:48 PM

Isn't the PS2 pretty much closed to third party equipment unless they pay Sony a hefty sum?

#12 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(hardcandy @ Aug 11 2005, 03:59 PM)
Isn't the PS2 pretty much closed to third party equipment unless they pay Sony a hefty sum?

View Post

Only the MagicGate for the mem cards.

#13 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

I hope they get past this so you can use an adapter for original xbox controllers.

#14 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Aug 11 2005, 03:13 PM)
so before you go off on your rant about how much death you wish on MS, think about this:  They can't keep making Xboxes if they don't make money. rolleyes.gif

Really, I forgot they made billions before the xbox was even spoke of

Why Not?

This sounds all too familiar....this is the same shit that killed the dreamcast..lol
I remember when sega was posting tons of losses on the dc, some ppl were saying its not a big deal because sega is really popular in japan and they will make back the money from there. At that time some ppl were saying the only way they can compete was to drop the price of the DC (as if it wasnt cheap enough already) and lose more money! Anyways it did drop and sega been falling ever since.

Now MS has lost billions of dollars on the xbox console and they trying everything in there power to not make the mistake sega made and actually make a frigging profit with their next system. Yet ppl are saying theyre greedy...lol

wow blink.gif rolleyes.gif

Im with deftech on this one, Some comments that ppl make are just ridiculous. Especially when it involves spending money. Anyways i think this is a security issue more than a money issue. Sure they wanna get some money off the royalties but I think theyre most interested in controlling what type of stuff is being installed on their product.

#15 michaelortega

michaelortega

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:31 AM

I would rather MS be like this, then us having to suffer Halo 3 with people with Gameshark 360's running around with super speed or something. The way MS seems to want it is so that only devices they want to work will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users