8 replies to this topic

#1 fantomlord

fantomlord

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:52 PM

I HAD my XBOX modded X3 working fine with Slayers Dash then one day no lights came on on the external panel. Maybe the dip switch settings got changed. What should the banks be set for? Could it be a dip switch setting problem or asolder problem? I'm going to check the soldering on the bottom of the mobo for now. Please Advise.

#2 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

check the connections between the switch panel and the chip. i doubt its your soldering. if the x3 still is working and booting then its not your solderingl check your connections, push the ends of the switch in, they are sometimes hard to get in good. if not then get a new switch, like a x3 pro, the default switches are quite tacky. and also, slayers is not a dash! lol beerchug.gif

Edited by .:Dino:., 12 August 2005 - 06:25 PM.

#3 fantomlord

fantomlord

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:03 PM

I checked the solder points since i had no lights on on my panel and the X3 wasnt booting. One solder point on the DO may have been alittle loose so i added a bit more. Now when i boot the X3 panel flashing on and off 3 times and is lit in red (disabled). After that the eject button flashes green to red. My bank settings on my panel are #2 on, the rest are off. Any ideas?

#4 XmodsUK

XmodsUK

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE(fantomlord @ Aug 12 2005, 08:14 PM)
I checked the solder points since i had no lights on on my panel and the X3 wasnt booting. One solder point on the DO may have been alittle loose so i added a bit more. Now when i boot the X3 panel flashing on and off 3 times and is lit in red (disabled). After that the eject button flashes green to red. My bank settings on my panel are #2 on, the rest are off. Any ideas?

View Post

Could be a solder problem or a bios bank problem. What happens when you boot to back-up bios? (eject/power together)

#5 fantomlord

fantomlord

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:47 PM

eject button frags red/green when i boot to backup bios.

#6 XmodsUK

XmodsUK

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(fantomlord @ Aug 12 2005, 10:58 PM)
eject button frags red/green when i boot to backup bios.

View Post

Sounds like a solder problem then. Check and double check your LPC points.

#7 fantomlord

fantomlord

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:33 AM

I checked all the solder points. Only thing that concerns me is that I get continuity from solder point 9 on the pinheader that connects to a point on the motherboard close to numbers stamped on the motherboard which states 7T3 (illustrated in team executor installation guide shown with the red outlined boxes). Only problem is that the wires under the PCB rebuild near solder point 7T3 have come up from the board. Should I solder so that this connection solders to the motherboard. I have an illustration of need be.

#8 fantomlord

fantomlord

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:40 AM

Here's a pic of the PCB Rebuild solder point problem

user posted image.

#9 XmodsUK

XmodsUK

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:56 PM

Yes you should have continuity beteween the points marked. I'm not too sure about the way the trace is lifted from the M/B.

Also, your rebuild board seems to be some distance off the mainboard. They really should be as close as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users