• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 <3 Grau

<3 Grau

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Skinning- Pixel Art -Graphics -Drawing -Video Games -Chicks - Modding - Coding - Animation - #xbins?
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

Ok guys, i've recently soft-modded my xbox and i'm wanting to FTP to my xbox. I find me Xbox's I.P And try connect using SmartFTP But it says connection failed - timed out.
I was wondering if their was someone who uses MXM Could tell me their settings, settings that worked of course or maybe what they did to reselve the problem. Thanks X-S.

#2 <3 Grau

<3 Grau

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Skinning- Pixel Art -Graphics -Drawing -Video Games -Chicks - Modding - Coding - Animation - #xbins?

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:11 PM

Sorry for double post but i'm desperate, Whoever helps me figure this out so i can FTP to my Xbox fine, I will give a 12month trial too. That's how desperate i am.

#3 Zdemon

Zdemon

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:23 PM

Have you ever ftp'ed to your xbox before?

In the network settings try setting it to DHCP (Automatic), and btw, I use flashfxp and that always gets the job done.

#4 <3 Grau

<3 Grau

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:29 PM

Where do i change the settings on my PC or on my XBOX? And how?
Oh and what's the best dashboard when softmodding?

#5 JFSX

JFSX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Games(duurr) tv computer ,metallica,Shadows fall and whatnot, anime. thats about it
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:47 AM

Well the best thing you could do is look for a tut on XS or the net. But who cares. I can o tell you how to change your settings on your pc but not your xbox because I have used EvoX for the longest time for FTPing to my box and even though I am going to change to MXM . So the first thing you would want to do is make sure you have a crossover cable for a direct connection otherwise if you have a smart hub/router or whatever then that doesn’t matter. This is what I do: 1.open local area connection from network connections.
Then go to properties. Then to internet Protocol (TCP/IP). After that select: use following IP address and type in for IP address 192.168.0.3 Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 then for default gateway use the same thing as IP address. I still tell it to use the following DNS sever address but I just leave it blank. Your done almost on the pc part unless you still don’t have an FTP program. Ultra FXP is free but some other ones are Flash FXP and FTP voyager you can get the trial versions for free. Now I'd suggest to just get EvoX for FTPing since it’s easy. In evox go to settings turn static ip on yes and setup network on yes. Then for IP address Subnet mask and Default gateway have everything the same as it was on pc except for the last number on IP and Default gateway. Like the pc's are 192.168.0.3 have your xbox’s to 192.168.0.4 or.2, you know. I'm sure if you look around the MXM dash hard enough you’d find network connections or something. Also If you do have a direct connection you should have all firewalls off. Hope this helps if you haven’t already found out how to do it. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users