X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:57 PM

Id cry if I did...

3 months ago everyone bitched at me that the game would look better as time marches on..it looks like puke for a 360 game that only has to draw trees and grass and shitty ass buildings in the bg.

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_1840_en.html

even the editor commented on it.

perfect example of a title that will make people go "this is all the 360 can muster?" if they saw it and didnt know any better grr.gif

ok bring on the flames fuggers tongue.gif

theres no excuse for something this simple to look so fugly so late in the game.

pop.gif

make enough flames so I can atleast grill on it, thanks much beerchug.gif

#2 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:00 PM

Under normal circumstances, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but it is an EA game. Every one of their sports games looks lackluster. I just come to expect it from them.

I can't say the same for their "monopoly properties" (companies that they bought up while passing Go...), but they are quietly influencing everything. It's unfortunate that this "big name" company is headlining so many launch titles because I think people will get the impression that 360 can't handle more. I just hope they fuck up PS3 games too. I'm ok with EA dicking everyone, but to shaft the 360 on her birthday is just mean.

#3 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:04 PM

EA shaft the ps3? yeah riiiiiiight

theyll put all their time and $$ into those titles, look at that fight night demo...all ps3 shit.

I keep forgetting this game is from EA. I despise sports games and who makes what nowadays(seems EA has it all after they bought rights to so much crap).

people will still look at this and ask wtf is going on with 360, thats what pisses me off grr.gif

#4 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:11 PM

Theyre going save their best for the ps3. They always had some sort of favouritism for sony consoles. Shit, NSU looked better on the ps2 than the xbox!! What does that tell you?

#5 matttttty

matttttty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:59 AM

These look a bit better

Tiger
Tiger

#6 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:03 AM

shit dry.gif

#7 corridon

corridon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Aug 14 2005, 04:22 AM)
Theyre going save their best for the ps3. They always had some sort of favouritism for sony consoles. Shit, NSU looked better on the ps2 than the xbox!! What does that tell you?

View Post

NO it didn't. blink.gif

#8 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:43 AM

NFSU didn't look better on the ps2, but I preferred certain aspects of how it looked compared to how it looked on the xbox. The xbox version's stream-faded streetlights effect was over exagerated and the reflections on the car windows was like looking through a mirror. Everything else, like the reflections off of your cars body and bumper and the wet street, looked better on the xbox version. The ps2 versions car reflections played at 5 or so frames per second and looked like crap.

Also, when playing the PS2 version splitscreen, the car models look identical to cars in GTA Vice City.

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

never got into the whole NFSU, not into rims and crap like that. but as for the game looking like crap there isnt any excuse. when you look at games like fight night round3 you see what EA is capable of. my brother just got his rescent game informer and it has a huge article in it about FNR3 and they have the 360 version up and running looking as good as the ps3 video in only a few months. yeah its a totally different development studio but when a company raises the bar for one of their games then that level should be reached across the board on all their games when it deems possible. like i said before its golf nothing too taxing other then the grass and the ball physics. everything else is static and slow.

#10 Hoogabooga

Hoogabooga

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Aug 14 2005, 02:54 AM)
NFSU didn't look better on the ps2, but I preferred certain aspects of how it looked compared to how it looked on the xbox. The xbox version's stream-faded streetlights effect was over exagerated and the reflections on the car windows was like looking through a mirror. Everything else, like the reflections off of your cars body and bumper and the wet street, looked better on the xbox version. The ps2 versions car reflections played at 5 or so frames per second and looked like crap.

Also, when playing the PS2 version splitscreen, the car models look identical to cars in GTA Vice City.

View Post

There is such a thing as Mirror Tint in real life.....for the windows

user posted image

#11 SickJoda

SickJoda

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:THE PIT SKIN<br />ModInside Jewel (blue LED)<br />Xecuter 2<br />80 HDD<br />Pink eject botton<br />Blue/ Pink Ports
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Aug 13 2005, 10:08 AM)
make enough flames so I can atleast grill on it, thanks much  beerchug.gif

View Post

I HATE YOU! YOU SUCK YOUR SUCH AN IDIOT AND YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT XBOX! GO DIE! AHHHHHH

umm...ill have a CheeseBurger please smile.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif GRILLED pop.gif corn! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:11 PM

mmmmm cheeseburgers love.gif

dont get too far off topic, the law will come down upon us and close this thread. ph34r.gif

#13 lex luther

lex luther

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:31 PM

EA has always been that way it seems when SSX2 and ssx3 came out on both playstation 2 and xbox they always made them he same with miner improvements on the xbox version such as shadow casting and such. EA and micorsoft dident have a good relationship from the get go when EA went on strike and wouldent make any of their games xbox live untill they reached a deal. That info is some were on these forums its old but their not to happy with m$ but they do just enough to get by. Also some of these company's are bribed just like some of those game sites that rate games i seen some sites that will rate the same game on xbox and ps2 and yet the xbox gets a low score when the ps2 gets a high score i remeber 1 game like that from memory Starwars starfighter for ps2 then xbox had a special edition version and they got a low score and it being s.e and the ps2 got a higer score on the plain one. The same goes for some game Devs they may faver one company better then the other and will make the xbox verson weak so the ps2 verson don't look bad compared to the xbox. mad.gif

Edited by lex luther, 14 August 2005 - 06:34 PM.

#14 SickJoda

SickJoda

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:THE PIT SKIN<br />ModInside Jewel (blue LED)<br />Xecuter 2<br />80 HDD<br />Pink eject botton<br />Blue/ Pink Ports
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:40 PM

ummmmmmm dry.gif

#15 Twasi

Twasi

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:15 PM

As stated in the comments in that picture it would make no sense for EA to develop a new engine for this game when it has no install base yet, hell Midway refuses to develop for M$ until they launch and they can see what kind of userbase they draw. So they are using a single thread port, it's going to look crappy until they decide to make multi-threaded games but knowing EA that won't happen unless it's exclusive, which is rare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users