• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Anything involving a computer.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:34 AM

ok, I read the pinned thing about the gamecube with pso and I've used that trick before. Playing backups of gamecube games doesn't work to well. I was playing them on my cousin gamecube and he kept yelling at me to just use the real game to play but I wanted to figure out the backup trip and I refused. I was wondering if theres a way to play backups without a modchip on the gamecube without it being so choppy and glitchy. When playing a backup it seems that no matter what it will freeze up after a while and sometimes the lag is just horrible.

#2 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:24 AM

Streaming games through the BBA with PSO is outdated at the present time. TO play your DVDR backups, you can either get a modchip or use alternative softmods like:

-use action replay with SDload (and SD card adapter) to load GCOS
-use action replay with samson's loader (memory card) to load GCOS
-use PSO to load GCOS

You can do #3 with your current setup providing you still have PSO and your BBA. You need to have your GC connected to your PC for it to work though. #1 and #2 require you to buy an action replay but you don't need to have your GC connected to your PC everytime you want to launch your backups.

#3 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:44 AM

I dont own pso or a bba, I am going to buy what is needed and I'm looking for the cheapest and best method. Can you give me and reliable sources for the action replay and which one is best?

If I dont have a DVD burner, cant I burn some games to a mini cd r when I remove the padding since some games are actually that small.

Edited by DeFessler, 14 August 2005 - 04:46 AM.

#4 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:27 AM

I have no real use for all of this but I'm the type of nerd that just want to know how lol. Also I wanted to ask, with the action replay do I need the bba?

#5 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE(DeFessler @ Aug 14 2005, 12:55 AM)
I dont own pso or a bba, I am going to buy what is needed and I'm looking for the cheapest and best method. Can you give me and reliable sources for the action replay and which one is best?

If I dont have a DVD burner, cant I burn some games to a mini cd r when I remove the padding since some games are actually that small.

View Post

You can find an action replay in most gaming stores. If you want a cheap one, you might want to try your luck with ebay. And no, I'm not aware of a game that can fit on a mini CD-R. You need to use DVD media.

QUOTE(DeFessler @ Aug 14 2005, 01:38 AM)
I have no real use for all of this but I'm the type of nerd that just want to know how lol. Also I wanted to ask, with the action replay do I need the bba?

View Post

You don't need the bba with action replay but it's useful when you want to rip games or do other things. If you choose the samson's loader method, you need a BBA to prepare your memory card or someone to do it for you. With SDload and SD adapter, you don't need it.

For more info, just check out the maxconsole.net forums.

#6 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(DeFessler @ Aug 13 2005, 09:55 PM)

View Post

If you don't have a BBA or PSO, I would just get a modchip. Both the Viper GC and Qoob SX are only $40, and you spend about that for an AR setup, or Maxdrive pro, and then you only have second rate bios's.

And no you cannot burn games to mini cd-r's or even fullsize cd-r's, since the gamecube's laser is DVD only, and cannot read cd's.

#7 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

Well I have no soldering skill what so ever, I'd prefer a modchip but I have no way to solder the chip into my system. If I do it I'll prolly screw up my system, getting someone else to do it could be costly.

So an action replay and BBA would be the best bet to getting this all working since with that I can get the loader on the card and be able to backup my games onto my pc?

Edited by DeFessler, 14 August 2005 - 06:05 PM.

#8 ronetone

ronetone

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

soldering isn't that hard, with a little bit of practice on broken electronic it can easily be learned. as for installing chip in the gamecube it is real easy to do. much easier than a xbox. (ps2 is still a pain in the ass to get chipped!!!) if you don't think you can handle modding the cube yourself you can always take it to or send it to a reliable modder to install the chip which shouldn't cost more than $20 for installing a chip in a cube. a modchip is well worth it IMO.

#9 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE(ronetone @ Aug 15 2005, 10:39 AM)
soldering isn't that hard, with a little bit of practice on broken electronic it can easily be learned. as for installing chip in the gamecube it is real easy to do. much easier than a xbox. (ps2 is still a pain in the ass to get chipped!!!) if you don't think you can handle modding the cube yourself you can always take it to or send it to a reliable modder to install the chip which shouldn't cost more than $20 for installing a chip in a cube. a modchip is well worth it IMO.

View Post

Exactly. You can try finding someone in your area that does mod installs. Check the modchip installers forum.

#10 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:30 AM

Don't like gamecube enough to waste my time and money. I was actually kinda hoping for a burn free method. I don't own a DVD burner. Thx anyway

#11 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE(DeFessler @ Aug 16 2005, 07:41 PM)
Don't like gamecube enough to waste my time and money. I was actually kinda hoping for a burn free method. I don't own a DVD burner. Thx anyway

View Post

You're loss then, there are some extremely fun games available for gamecube...

#12 TKramka

TKramka

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Computer Technology, Xbox Hardware and Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

Check Tigerdirect or eBay, you can get some great deals on DVD burners, I got mine for $20. And as for the GC reading CDs, its kinda like the Thomson XBox DVD drive, it can't, it won't, and never will read CD-R(W)s. The most anyone will get it to read is a silver pressed CD. Different color / wavelength laser, however, DVD (R/RW)reading is great if you make sure your pot is set low enough.

#13 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(TKramka @ Aug 19 2005, 11:13 AM)
Check Tigerdirect or eBay, you can get some great deals on DVD burners, I got mine for $20.  And as for the GC reading CDs, its kinda like the Thomson XBox DVD drive, it can't, it won't, and never will read CD-R(W)s.  The most anyone will get it to read is a silver pressed CD.  Different color / wavelength laser, however, DVD (R/RW)reading is great if you make sure your pot is set low enough.

View Post

It's a little different...

The gamecube's laser is a DVD only laser, so it is impossible for it to read a cd-r(w),

The Thompson xbox dvd drive on the other hand, is a cd/dvd laser. So it has the capability of reading CD's, and is actually very good at reading cd-rw's, but not so good at reading cd-r's(although it does read some).

#14 TKramka

TKramka

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Computer Technology, Xbox Hardware and Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:37 AM

Technically, they use the same wavelength laser, so they are almost the same. Thomsons and the new Samsungs use just a DVD laser, which does not read CDRs that well, RWs use a different dye, so they will typically work fine, as well as silver pressed CDs. I have gotten junk GCs, (bad mainboard) and toyed with playing CDs on them, silver pressed ones at least spin up, CDRs and most RWs just die out. But it dosn't matter anyways, there is no reason to use CDs on a GC, no games would fit on them, and its not worth debating... Basically, reading CDRs in a GC won't work, ever, unless you replace the whole DVD drive (good luck)

#15 mac033

mac033

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:53 AM

might not in a gc but what about a wii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users