• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Taboo

Taboo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:36 PM

Ok my xchip was working fine and everything was sexy and good. Well I was moving stuff around getting ready for college and stuff and when I was done when I tried to turn on my xbox it does the follow

I hit the power button
It comes on
1 second later it goes off
1 second later it comes back on
1 second later it goes off
1 second later it comes back on
and then flashs red/green

Now I checked the hdd and all that fun stuff at 1st and it was none of that
then I got the bright idea to see what would happen if I removed the xchip
well it booted up just fine with the xchip off but the adapter still connected
well I redid the bios on the xchip atleast 6 times and it does the same thing everysingle time.
I have checked the cables and the little wire on my soderless adapter and thats all good
The -ONLY- thing I found that didnt look right was this (the reason i posted this)
When I installed my adapter I had to put those little round metal connectors into the wholes on my xbox motherboard that the adapter sits on... well I took off the adapter and it seems like maybe 3-5 of them are missing. So I am wondering two things

#1 are those missing connectors the reason my xbox is fragging out when I have my xchip connected to it?
and
#2 if that is the problem where can I find replacement peices?

#2 Scrufdog

Scrufdog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

1. yes

2. dunno, i soldered mine in after I realized the guy before me didnt use them, then he wondered why the xbox didnt work right.

#3 Taboo

Taboo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:37 PM

i dont have the soldering skills to do that =P i would melt a whole through somthing but once I get them back and get them back on I think I can prolly touch them up with a tiny dab of clear nailpolish =P thats what I did to my d0 wire.

I wonder if I sent an email to eb2k if they would send me some? or does anyone know anyother place that would have those little round connectors that go between your solderless adapter and your xbox motherboard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users